Shawshank Toffe Tin - Toffee Tin - Candy Tin

Jedirick

Sr Member
Did I find the right one?

Shawshank "Safety deposit box"

3 steam stacks, eight sided, Queen Mary.

[attachmentid=12119]

It LOOKS right.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was Titanic, though. But I've only seen the movie a couple times.

Nice find, either way. If it's wrong and you want to sell it, LMK.

Woohoo. "do alil' dance, sing a lil' song" :D

Now to fill 'er up

Anybody know where I can find a big black piece of dirty obsidian, a pile of other rocks and a big oak tree? I want to strive for accurracy. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedirick @ Nov 5 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]1351536[/snapback]</div>
Woohoo. "do alil' dance, sing a lil' song" :D

Now to fill 'er up

Anybody know where I can find a big black piece of dirty obsidian, a pile of other rocks and a big oak tree? I want to strive for accurracy. :D
[/b]

There is reason for concern.

There is a rectangular tin with same picture and an 8 sided one that varies slightly

[attachmentid=12122]

Right tin, wrong picture above

[attachmentid=12126]

Wrong tin, right picture

[attachmentid=12124]

Wrong tin, wrong picture.

And if that's not enough.

I call this close but no cigar.

[attachmentid=12125]

A tad. After looking at screen caps even those above, you can see that a good portion of the weathering is actually dirt brushed away.

I'll want to try and recreate a similar lighting situation on my tin so I can better determine what is loose dirt and what is "normal wear and tear ".

Looks correct to me. I've had 6-7 of these pass through my hands since Dallas (Dustin Crops Boy) was the 1st to discover this found item.

Only detail left on yours is to make sure it's the "hinged" one and not the version where the top comes completely off :)

All in all....NICE FIND.. :D

-Ss

neat find rick. love that movie.

coincidentally did you watch hellboy today as well? :confused

i watched it again for the first time in a long time today, then i see your new avatar... oooh spooky. :lol

umm anywho, yeah. nice found item. :D

I snagged this one off ebay a while ago before I knew there were so many variations. Fortunately it's correct other than not having a hinged top...but I can live with that. :)

[attachmentid=12127]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back