Origins of the AA/SDS Armor

The GF looks more accurate to me but both have the cog too high. I find it interesting that both the GF and SDS lack the slight curvature to the bottom of the surrounding edge of the back detail.

Does anyone else see this?

Hmm, I also see that the "cog" is really close to the "cliff" edge of the border, whereas the other two are a bit farther away. And I see that the rectangular 2 bars are perhaps longer on the real deal than either of the other two. At least the bars end even to or possibly a hair higher than the cog on the screen suit. :\

Well its obvious its not from the original mold.

The step height inbetween the II looks way to short on the SDS not even mentioning the position to the gear is off from the screen back.

Nice comparison shots. Good work.

AA or future armor makers should bookmark this thread so the next ANH suits offered are screen accurate. It would be nice to see the outcome of this thread be a more accurate set of ANH TK armor. As good as the current suits look, they are obviously off in some areas.

The one thing I am struggling with here is why both the SDS and GF suits have almost the same types of mistakes. I guess there could be one of two reasons.

1. AA had access to a Jedi suit that was missing the same parts as the one TE had and reconstructed the cod/ab area coincidentally similar to GF.
2. AA used a set of GF, TE, or both as a base and made slight changes.

I realize these possibilities seem accusatory but I am open to input from others as to how these parts differ so similarly from the real deal.

The above represent only my opinions and in no way are meant to be considered fact.

-CWR

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back