Mark VIII helmet WIP

Well I started work on a mark viii helmet. I got the Pep file from trojanwr21. I am going to resin it this week and start smoothing it out and adding details. I will keep updates on this and if all goes well and it looks good enough I will probably cast it. Well here are a few pics. Hope you enjoy.

mark8side1.jpg

mark8side.jpg

mark8front.jpg

mark8.jpg

Looking amazing!

Can't wait to see it done.

Is there anyway you have the unfolded files as .pdf? I'm on a Mac so there are very few files I have come across in general.

Thanks!

Hey Superma; nice job that looks awesome, just a thought here, for the chin where the lip detail is missing used some thick cardboard and glue it, what size do you use for your helmet? or example I'm 23.5 circumference what are you and what scale did you use? thanks for the references in advance....

Hey Superma; nice job that looks awesome, just a thought here, for the chin where the lip detail is missing used some thick cardboard and glue it, what size do you use for your helmet? or example I'm 23.5 circumference what are you and what scale did you use? thanks for the references in advance....

My head is 22" and the scale it is normally fit a little snug, i scaled it 10% larger and it was a better fit. more room for padding and electronics. so i would probably scale it about 10% for you.

how about you use the search function? its not hard to find the file, especially with all the info posted by superman in the first post

....and I will try and take more pics tomorrow of the one I am currently working on, it is all bondo and resin'd already. starting to add the detail work to it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back