Death Star wall panelling questions

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do you guys know what actual color was used on the interior walls of the Death Star?

vaderbastfilming.jpg

deathstarhall1.jpg

And does anyone here make Death Star wall panels? Full size or scaled like the ones seen here:

Death Star Walls

fotoqeg.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Thanks Chris - those look great... Do you know what color they actually were - "grey" is such a wide spectrum...

I would love to know the actual color too, when you look at "grey" at any paint store its WIDE RANGE!!!!

What's the project Willie? You have me intrigued.

I think its "50% grey" or the most neutral of the bunch. Its the same color fx uses as opposed to blue/green screen. If you look at actual photographs the grey is lighter yet on film it has a darker tone and even color to it. What your seeing is the bounce off the floor and any other lighting being shot in whether practical or off camera. With 50% grey you can color alter walls with some lighting gel as well.

Coincidentally, I put my first coat on just now. It looks bluer in this image than it does in person. Reminds me of the vintage TIE Fighter toy color.

620952_10151119008571079_1780503087_o.jpg

Scott

Scott - that looks great. LOVE that you're doing this... Love to see more pics as you progress too... Very cool!

Thats awesome! Ive been wanting to make the panels that are lit up from behind but in a smaller scale. Want to use them as part of a wall display for my E 11 blaster.

I have another section that has the lights on the opposite side and a different pattern. In the middle will be a third section that is black with a red section in the middle. It will have a counter top that will hold my gunner control board. A monitor will show through a hole cut in the red that will display a "Death Star has cleared the planet" animation I made and other schematics. It'll be in the 501st room at CVI next to my trash compactor set.

Scott

Last edited:
That's awesome Scott, they look great...!

Thats awesome! Ive been wanting to make the panels that are lit up from behind but in a smaller scale. Want to use them as part of a wall display for my E 11 blaster.

I may know of someone doing a run if you want me to keep you posted...

A friend CNC'ed or laser cut them for me. I dunno...some kind of machine. They're cut from ABS plastic. I hope the paint sticks.

The front of my trash compactor, though, I cut by hand.

Scott

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back