Men in Black MIB Pulsar project

Well I was talking about the six slots on the long side of the gun with the vertical little lines running through them. Yeah that must be what it is, I can't really find any great pictures of it. Sort of just looks like a little rectangle that sits a little off the barrel and its about midway down where the flat piece of metal curves down and connects to the top.

Oh the barrel slots. I don't now what the caster as thinking. He put clay in all the slots except the 2 on one side and then put those stupid little lines in the clay. Then on only those 2 slots he put tape over them. That was not something i did. I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I thought about leaving them as is and then just deal with them when I do the hero.i've also thought about cleaning out all the slots too. The original ones had all the slots cut out and had corrugated tubing on the inside of the barrel. Looks like they were held in place with some sort of clamps and those screws in between the slots held them in place.

Yes that's the front sight. That thing is F'd up and mostly missing on this one. I will have to make that. It also has one of those captive screws on it. actually I think one on each side. It looks like this gun is a cast of the hero that is in the back of the car. The screw that holds the sight to the barrel is machined off to one side only on one side. The other screw on the other side is centered on the sight. Exactly like this casting. I also noticed the stunt gun does not have the Toro Bubbler piece on the bottom of the grip so it could not have been the stunt that was cast unless there was another one.

0JctEZJ.jpg

F8gFWeg.jpg

82Oyh1l.jpg

t5PRzGk.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man threads like this are why I keep coming back. The work is great the conversation is great.
Keep up the good work so very impressed.

Oh man threads like this are why I keep coming back. The work is great the conversation is great.
Keep up the good work so very impressed.

Yeah this thread is awesome, I can't wait to see how this beauty turns out in all its chromed glory! And Glenn, I can see what you're saying now. I assume that you're going to go all out on the hero and put the actual tubing inside the barrel? I don't know how you've been able to identify all these parts I would have lost my mind months ago trying to locate them X ). I tried checking out some caps on my dvd but its useless as the crispness just isn't there without Blue-ray. Any idea on how many brass colored bolts or parts are on this gun? It looks like from the screen-caps there are quite a few along the top underneath that piece of curved flat metal. There seem to be a few as well on the Tri-Barrel on the side where the alien is in the bubble. I had a heck of a time trying to find the dial that's on the left side of that gun. It looks basic enough but I looked everywhere online and couldn't turn up anything at the time.

Thanks Ford!
Hey Pat, yes I will be cutting out the slots and putting the tube inside. Still have to get it though. For brass colored parts there are the 3 little threaded rivet things on the top of the barrel. I have never found them in brass only cad plated so I will have to paint them brass color. There are also 2 more on each side behind the pump slide Then there is the brass rivets on the pump slide itself. There are also the 4 (2 on each side) large knurled thumbscrews. 2 ahead of the acrylic tube and 2 behind and slightly below it. You asked before about how I was going to hold the aluminum rings on the acrylic in place. They get held in place by notches in the receiver

qLRYPz4.jpg

66nKi2W.jpg

49GP7cw.jpg

Last edited:
Here is something I still need to make, The magazine. I did find some red light lenses that I think may be correct but that's it so far. I need to do some hunting.

s0XDEgJ.jpg

k46YCmf.jpg

oUUR1qI.jpg

OBsXUEc.jpg

iiXZ6Cr.jpg

U7xMESb.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work on the red lenses! Where'd you come across those, are they readily available? One good thing about scratch building the magazine is that you won't have to worry about all the cleanup. Anyword on the clear piping for the top chamber?

Unfortunatly Pat they are not readily available. These are from an old piece of railroad control equipment. They were not cheap either and I was only able to get a few. I am still looking for more or other alternatives. If I can t find any I will mold these and see about casting them in red translucent resin. No word on the acrylic tube yet.

I don't have much to show today. I have been continuing clean up and I did get the magwell glassed and straightened out but need to add a little more epoxy and finish cleaning it up. Also glassed the other side of the tube and cut out the slots although they need a bit of final attention.Oh and I opened the barrel end piece as it was a bit too small. I am happy with it now. I decided to see how it was looking with all the parts I have sitting on it. I just wanted to see some shiny stuff !! Here it is as it sits. It sure has come along way.

77gLykz.jpg

fOfunfJ.jpg

9E46jmn.jpg

TWDixcM.jpg

bRGnG3A.jpg

Cr3wuPQ.jpg

buVxxy1.jpg

oVnrzKj.jpg

zFKHjkT.jpg

Last edited:
Everytime I see this I'm more impressed by your attention, no OBSESSION, to detail. A restoration like this is a slow painstaking process, but you are going to have the most incredible replica!!! I can't wait to see it finished.

Just gorgeous, ZK! Any favorite sanding tools you want to tell us about? Do you use contours and sand paper? Miniature power sanders ? Sanding tapes? Flexi-files?

If you say "just sandpaper," I am going to throw out 500 sanding tools and kill myself, so be careful!

lol.. Thanks bud! Actually I just use sandpaper. haha Seriously, the stuff that comes on rolls for D/A sanders with the sticky backing. I just rip pieces off and stick them to my fingers or mostly my right index finger. I did use a small piece of wood when I did the side near the acrylic tube because it was so messed up and I needed to get it very straight. There is no real room for any tools and with all the contours i would rather have complete control with my finger tool. I do use flat files and round files and half round rasps to do some of the heavy lifting but usually only in places where I have glassed and I need to remove big chunks.. After I primer it I like to hit it with fine grade steel wool to get the shine back. Only other things I used are xacto knives and most importantly safety glasses because I cant see crap with fiberglass and xacto knife blades stuck in my eyes!

Looking damn good Glenn! Can't wait to see how the cleanup goes where all those parts are on back, its going to look amazing once its finished!

Another small update. Most of the stuff I have done you wont notice because its a lot of small bullcrap stuff. I did finish the barrel end so its as done as I am going to do it. I also drilled and tapped the side screw holes so its held in place with the allen screws now. I did clean the other side of the clear tube too. I messed up on one of the cable holders as its a little lower than the others, so I need to fix that but the area is clean now. Barrel is mostly cleaned up on the bottom as is the magwell. I did not cut the end of the barrel back open on the bottom as it will be easier to mold with it together, I just scribed a line of where it will need to be cut. the top of the barrel has 4 screws recessed and they did not come out as perfect as I would like, I am having a tough time putting perfectly round recesses on a curved surface by hand but since the seam line will probably be there and on the cast I make I will cut that whole section off anyways and replace the whole top with machined aluminum parts it makes no real difference. I also noticed one side (right) of the barrel is still slightly sloped down a bit near the end. I may try to straighten it but to be honest it will be much easier to do once I make a cast and the top section is missing. So now I am at the point of "whats next" I could clean out the barrel side slots and clean the clay from around the rear side parts (ie the revolver looking thing and the "hammer" ahead of it) Just not sure I want to mess with it now since I am not removing them from this cast. I may just move to molding it so I can make a cast and fully clean the shell of the side parts, top section and get to my final hero shell. Kinda crazy that I am doing all this work just to mold and cast another that I will end up continuing the cleaning process but I just don't want to butcher this shell that much. I want to keep it as original as possible boggers and all and make a cast that I can go all out on and remove everything so I am left with just a bare shell. I guess its the preservationist in me....lol I need to figure out the whole fiberglass mother mold thing next. It will save on silicone and keep the shells from warping and bending. Time for some youtube vids.....Oh and my photobucket account is about to go "too much bandwidth" it will reset in a few days.

cl9kvSr.jpg

NOrMzr1.jpg

kkY4HSu.jpg

kmYGl89.jpg

blb7LLG.jpg

DN4390d.jpg

Lkgd0Kq.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Tube arrived, cut a piece today. Waiting on the aluminum tube for the rings. I will need to square up the shell cutout, machine some end caps and of coarse make the alien for it. From the pics I have it looks more like a bunch of veins an arteries then an alien or creature. Also need some proper acrylic glue to hold the end caps.

2IDSR1T.jpg

SVP9Jb9.jpg

kPqYiVD.jpg

BWFJAus.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back