Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Del Griffith's business card

Jaintly

My friend is a professional photographer that has photographed everyone from the Dalai Lama to Sandra Bullock. He is also good friends with John Hughes' son. On a recent visit with John's son, my friend was given a stack of production made business cards made for John Candy's character Del Griffith. You know, the shower curtain ring salesman? I was fortunate enough to be given one of these cards and I thought I'd share to here. I love John Hughes' movies and this little card is a nice piece of movie memorabilia.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Del Webb's business card

Wow, this is the first prop Ive ever seen from this movie. And I agree John Hughes is awesome

Re: Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Del Webb's business card

John was awesome. His earlier movies were and still are a huge influence. What an awesome score. Maybe offer a copy of it in the paper props

Hughes' movies are always charming, especially THIS movie! And the card is a wonderful piece, in all it's simplicity. Who doesn't love Del Griffith?! Thanks for sharing it.

Great prop!

I personally think this is the funniest and most tender movie of all time. I've never laughed as hard as I did when John Candy drives the car at night and one insane thing after another happens.

I just watched the "Wrong Way" clip on YouTube after not seeing it for nearly two decades. It still makes me laugh to tears.

Phil

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back