Foam Batman Mask Templates?

Random490

So I've been thinking of trying to make a Batman cowl out of foam and I'm wondering if there are any templates out there. I have a rubies cowl but I think I'm either allergic to latex or nauseated by the smell either way I can't stand wearing it. I would like to have a complete costume for the dark knight rises premiere so any help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse I'm going to try and modify the Captain America helmet.

Any ideas which foam I should use for the mask? I have anti fatigue mats and craft foam, I'm debating which would be best. Any thoughts?

So I've been thinking of trying to make a Batman cowl out of foam and I'm wondering if there are any templates out there. I have a rubies cowl but I think I'm either allergic to latex or nauseated by the smell either way I can't stand wearing it. I would like to have a complete costume for the dark knight rises premiere so any help would be appreciated. If worse comes to worse I'm going to try and modify the Captain America helmet.

Any ideas which foam I should use for the mask? I have anti fatigue mats and craft foam, I'm debating which would be best. Any thoughts?

I am interested and wondering about it first

Would anyone be interested in patterns for this cowl I made out of foam?.
DSCF5219.jpg

DSCF5221.jpg

DSCF5222.jpg

DSCF5334.jpg

I have most of the templates still I have to scan them and then resize them so they will print out correctly. Give me a few days and I will see what I can do guys.

Anyone have foam templates in PDF format? I have a Mac and can't seem to find any viewers that will work. I'm especially interested in the Future batman cowl from DC online.

Thanks.

Batman Papercraft: Dark Knight Cowl i'm based on this to make my, i hope this can help you ;)
A member had sent me a PM, he's been modifying a file (this one I believe) to have it be simpler to make. He doesn't want to post it since he's not finished and lost track who made the original files. I will be trying to make it this weekend with 2mm foam and I'll post pictures of how it will go.

And I'll leave up to him whether or not to send out those files to anyone else.

So I finished my mask, I'm relatively happy with the results though I felt I could have done better

Here's the pictures:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Random490/IMG_0448.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Random490/IMG_0449.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Random490/IMG_0450.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Random490/IMG_0454.jpg

It looks good from a distance and it's not bad at all for a first attempt.

In terms of design I feel as if the sections could have been simplified much further to give the cowl a smoother look. I did make a paper cowl to test the size I think I'll try cutting that up to more basic templates and rely on the foam's ability to bend and form. Also I feel like the sections on the top of the head should run from back to front instead from side to side. But again I'm not that experienced with pepakura so I'm not sure if it would turn out much better.

As for the eyes, on the eyebrow I only cut out the basic outline, I did not concern myself with every little cut. For the cheeks I completely ignored any cuts inside the overall out line. Since the member who sent it to me hadn't worked on simplifying it yet I just did that as I went. I did notice that you need to cut the nose separate from the cheek or else it wouldn't look right.

The mask was not easy to get on. The neck hole was way too tight for my head but I cut the chin down the middle and planned on using velco (never actually did that but it would have worked fine.) I was actually thinking that for my mask since day 1 of my planning. I would highly suggest designing something to the chin to allow it to snap on and off treating the cowl more like a helmet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back