Our tour of Prop Store of London's collection

iycis

Sr Member
Last Friday, Tim from Prop Store of London welcomed my husband and I to have a little tour of their collection. We were so blown away by some of the incredible iconic costumes and props. Ian personally helped sort through tons of Necromonger pieces to get the right fit for Dustin so that he could buy a set of Captain's armor while we were there. The whole time he was helping us, we got to hear some great stories about his work on films. I think one of my favorite moments was when we were in the warehouse and I wondered aloud as to what could be hiding under a huge parachute cover. Ian pulled it off to reveal Captain Nemo's huge car from League of Extrordinary Gentlemen! How cool!!! Can't recommend Prop Store enough. What a wonderful group of people to buy from. Follow the link to photos from our tour. Please excuse how frumpy we look. We were jet lagged and rained on! ;)

Prop Store of London - 7/6/12 - a set on Flickr

Awesome pics! Love those guys at Prop Store and would love to tour their inventory in person (I would have to leave the checkbook at home so I wouldn't go bankrupt though). Amazing stuff, thanks for posting.

Would like to add that the Judge Dredd costume and Headless Horseman are personal highlights for me. And holy crap, they have an entire necromonger army...

Last edited:
Great pics! Thanks for posting. I fully agree with you aswell about everyone at Propstore. Myself and the wife had a tour at the one in LA a while back and they were absoloute gents and took the time to show us around. Looks like you both had a blast

How willing are they to do tours? I may make a trip to London (from Arizona) spring of next year and I'd LOVE to have an opportunity like that!!

How willing are they to do tours? I may make a trip to London (from Arizona) spring of next year and I'd LOVE to have an opportunity like that!!

I contacted Tim through their website to set up an appointment ahead if time. We went there with the intention of making a purchase so I didn't feel like I'd be annoying them too much by asking to look around. I'm not saying they wouldn't let you visit otherwise, but personally, I felt less guilty about imposing on them since we were buying. That's just my thoughts on.

Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

One small clarification. The last photo is of Hagen's (big Germanic gladiator) Battle of Carthage Costume, not Maximus.

there some nice items in your tour photos but not all of them are up for sale on thier site :(

Most of what we took photos of are part of their personal collection. The items for sale are housed on racks in the warehouse, floor to ceiling!

I love their collection, its mainly spacesuits isn't it? That's really my kind of thing.....

Sure it won't be long before they find a Prometheus suit to go next to that Alien suit of theirs!

I love their collection, its mainly spacesuits isn't it? That's really my kind of thing.....

Sure it won't be long before they find a Prometheus suit to go next to that Alien suit of theirs!

They do own a lot of Space Suits! Speaking if Prometheus, we were walking around London and saw the APC vehicle go by on a truck flatbed. We were so awestruck that we didn't even manage to get a photo! o_O

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back