My painted ZORG bust - DONE :)

bothanspy

Sr Member
I am excited to finally get some pics of my painted ZORG bust. It's still work in progress

I am planning to get glass eye on him. Comments?

Paintjob looks great. Will be really cool (and creepy, as is any Oldman character :p ) with glass eyes. Whose the sculptor? The likeness to Gary Oldman is really great, he's one of my favorite actors. :thumbsup

Bill

Looks PERFECT so far. Oldman owns just about every movie he's in, T5E is no exception.

"This case - - - is empty. EMPTY. The opposite of FULL. This case is SUPPOSED TO BE FULL...

Anyone care to explain?"

Really stunning likeness... Great job so far, but I wonder how you're gonna do the plastic hood? It's hard to get the transparent look.

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Nov 3 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]1349923[/snapback]</div>
Very nice piece by Youngling Chris.

Cyb :D
[/b]

;)

nice to see one getting a paintjob.

z

My god.....this was sculpted from scratch? Thats an amazing likeness. Great job on it and can't wait to see him with glass eyes.

Alright. Here's the "almost" done pic. The plastic dome effect is not present in the pic, but rest assured that there are multiple layer of glace over the dome, to give it the plastic look. The flash washes it out.

Any comments is very welcome.

i would say the hair definatley needs to be darker or black even.

the eyes are done well

z

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zorg @ Nov 28 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1366772[/snapback]</div>
i would say the hair definatley needs to be darker or black even.

the eyes are done well

z
[/b]

Zorg, thanks for the comment.

Wow, fantastic.
The hair and eyebrows should be darker as stated.
Also, under the eyes could use a little shading for aging lines along the nose, under the eyes.

Great job though, you should do one of him choking too. :lol

:thumbsup
:fettrotj

gave it a quick blast in photoshop :D

zz.jpg

z

+++edit

i didnt realize in your previous post that the plastic head piece was done, in photoshop i have given it a hint/misting of blue with a bit more round the edges,you can still see the skin colour but you know there is something meant to be over the top. i hope you will agree this gives a more pleasing plastic light grabbing look?? its how i intend to paint mine when i get round to it.

The skin tones are fantastic, but I fully agree with Zorg (regarding , well -- ZORG.) -- the skull cap (or whatever the hell it is), is screaming for a baby blueish tint...

Then just add some chocolate sauce for a more dramatic moment.

Ok, it's finally done. Thanks for all the input. The "plastic" dome piece has been repainted to better simulate plastic :) I am very happy with the result.

BTW, the painting credit goes to Thad.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back