Restored Robot Jox Achilles

Getting the blue prints was a freak accident. A guy on EBay was selling a small drawing of the Alexander bot and I asked if he had any Achilles art, he did, we made a deal. Never hurts to ask policy!
Prints scanned, doing touch up. Should be available this week.

Blueprints are complete. Ill post something in the Junkyard for those who are interested.

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

Let's not forget a nod to the late great animator Dave Allen who almost singlehandedly got the robots on-screen.

I sat with him in his home/studio as he was animating on Robot Jox and he shared his excitement and frustration with the film. As with all Charlie Band projects, the production of Robot Jox was a matter of get some money, animate, wait for more money, animate some more, pray the money is there to finish the project (as it ultimately wasn't for another Allen project, The Primevals.)

Dave would be pleased that someone cared enough about the film to save such a cool artifact.

- Ron

Beautiful! Just beautiful. Looking close at the model, you can also see how it was inspired by the main robot from Orguss (the tank mode and flying mode mainly). I'm glad I was one of the few who had a chance to see this film in a theatrical run. I am glad I did because it was incredible to watch the bots in action on the big screen.

Just WOW!! Awesome job on the restoration, what a save :thumbsup

My bro and I loved this as kids, and I've just introduced my eldest son to Jox the other day, he gonna flip when he sees this thread (boys and big robots :rolleyes :lol).

Awesome. Beautiful work

Just as many has said...Movie was eh. Robots were bad ass. Even with the chainsaw in the crotch. :)

oh wow,this is awsome.always loved the film and to see a great robot design/model fully restored is an awsome site.anyone know where the models are from the rest of the film and the other spin off movies?

I have never been so excited about something on the RPF (maybe even the internet) in my entire life.

AMAZING work. Can we get shots of it next to a person? Positively astonishing!!!

great work, this is one of my all time favourite films - VERY under-rated, i am SO jealous of you, and at the same time so happy for you, it must have been a labor of love.
Crash and burn!

Did a fantastic job, I was still very new in the film industry when I got to work on this movie, I have lots of pictures. I got to meet my hero, David Allen and work with lots of talented people. Sadly we lost a great model and prop maker ,Danny Chambers,on the show. Once the crew started shooting out in the dessert I moved to another movie.

-James Belohovek

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back