Kyle Reese (WIP)

Not really a case of the back burner with Kyle, he's always been on the front, but the heat was turned off for a while when I lost confidence in sculpting him :)

Sometimes taking a break is the best thing you can do; you come back fresh with a new perspective - and this is coming out killer! :D

This is looking great Alan!

I was just thinking you could add the picture of Sarah He has, and maybe just have the edge of it poking out from his coat or something?

The gun looks amazing. I like how it looks floating there. Almost doesn't even need the arm holding it, i think it looks cool as is.

Sometimes taking a break is the best thing you can do; you come back fresh with a new perspective - and this is coming out killer! :D

This is very true.

Alan, this is looking great! Love the idea of having a hand and partial sleeve on the gun! Can't wait to see this done and next to your T1!

Thanks, hope to have some pics soon.

This is looking great Alan!

I was just thinking you could add the picture of Sarah He has, and maybe just have the edge of it poking out from his coat or something?

Thanks. It's cool, but to be true to the movie he doesn't have the photo when he gose back in time.

The gun looks amazing. I like how it looks floating there. Almost doesn't even need the arm holding it, i think it looks cool as is.

I've added the trigger guard and the rear sight to the shotgun and it looks better for it. I'll take a pic soon. In the mean time here is the start of the hand for those of you who are interested in seeing this stuff.

IMG_3120.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Nick.

Now, a little dilemma, after adding the rear sight, it seems that the shotgun in the movie does not have it, nor does it have the ramped front sight (I used a picture from imfdb as referance.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Terminator,_The

But I do like the look of the shotgun with these details... so, do I get the xacto knife out, or do I leave it be?

Al

I say you're the artist - do as you see fit for the integrity of the sculpt. According to the link you posted, a couple different models were used, so you wouldn't be sacrificing "screen accuracy" if you leave it as-is.

My opinion, your mileage may vary. :)

I say you're the artist - do as you see fit for the integrity of the sculpt. According to the link you posted, a couple different models were used, so you wouldn't be sacrificing "screen accuracy" if you leave it as-is.

Totally agree. With things like this I find it's more of a "what looks good" than "what was he holding in this specific scene". :thumbsup

Beautiful sculpt by the way! :love

Thanks for that, guys.

I think I'm going to revisit the barrel and the magazine. The diameter of the dowel I used was a little greater than it should have been, but I didn't have anything else at the time and thought I'd try it. When I looked at the screen grabs I thought the barrel looked a bit longer and sleeker than my model, so I'm going to the model shop and see if they have tubes/rods or 8 and 9mm. Whether I will still put the ramped sight and the rear sight on it remains to be seen :)

Well, I got some brass tube and made a new barrel and magazine tube... the dowelling I used was a little over size and I felt it made it look a little chunky. I wasn't completely happy with the pump slider either, so I got another shot at that and I feel it's a bit better this time. I decided I liked the front and rear sights so I have put them on and there is also the trigger and trigger guard made from Aves putty.

IMG_1159.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of Kyle with the incomplete hand (there will be a sleeve too) and the gun (the position/angle may need to be adjusted).

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Last edited:
looking fantastic alan - i know its probably a while off yet but the base for this has to be a pipe bomb. Not sure how you'd incorporate that but for a guy of your caliber it'd be easy!

Thanks Leigh :)

Cheers Tom. I have an idea about the future war ruins, but if that doesn't pan out I guess the pipebomb would be plan B.

Al

Future war ruins could be pretty cool but with a '84 styled Kyle it seems a bit of a mis-match!? Just my opinion but obviously its your work, i'm sure whatever you do will look great!?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back