Kyle Reese (WIP)

I never notice the slight weight change. I'll have to look for it next time I watch it.

You can see the same with Arnold, if you look at him in the opening scene and then look at him again in the gunshop scene, you can see a significant difference in his face and neck.

Worked on him today, not a massive update, but something at least.

IMG_0850.jpg

I worked on Kyle at the weekend and I'm off work for the week so I hope to make some good progress. Here he is after the weekend.

IMG_0897-1.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

fantastic. there is no doubting your work - love it pal!

Cheers, Tom, I'm pretty happy with the way he's looking now. Just hope I don't screw it up with tweaking this and that :)

Looking great Alan. Cant wait to see this one finished. I especially love the skin texturing.

I can't wait to see it finished either... the skin texturing takes a bit of time, but it really brings a sculpture to life.

Your nailing it! BIG TIME!! :love

Thanks, Leigh, glad it's finally working, for a while I didn't think I was going to get close :)

Wow, amazing likeness. The ears are exquisite.

Thanks, I worked some on the left ear yesterday, refining and such, hopefully they will look a touch better than they do in the above photos

Amazing craftsmanship.

Thanks!

Hit the nail right on the head

The was a time when I wanted to hit the scupture on the head, with a hammer :lol but, hopefully that time is over... mind you, I haven't worked out how to do the hair yet, or the stubble, so maybe some frustration to come yet.

Geez, Alan. I was all set to say "looks nice, but I think I'll just stick with my Arnies."

But MAN is that good! So good that I gotta say put me on the "interested!" list!

You have amazing talent!

Now do a "cyborg factory" Cameron :love

Bootifull - really coming on in leaps and bounds now. The slightest of adjustments can make the biggest difference. Superb!

You are so right about that, Tom. I found that a small adjustment to the brow, or the jawline can suddenly bring the likeness that little bit closer.

Geez, Alan. I was all set to say "looks nice, but I think I'll just stick with my Arnies."

But MAN is that good! So good that I gotta say put me on the "interested!" list!

You have amazing talent!

Now do a "cyborg factory" Cameron :love

Thanks. Cameron is an interesting character for sure, but I have some other things I'd want to sculpt first. And Mutronics has done a great job on his version.

Looks awesome Alan. I don't know how you did those teeth, looks great

Michael has quite distinctive teeth, I'm not 100% happy with them yet. They are very fiddly to do.

You really captured Michael Biehn's likeness.

Would have been even better if this was a life size piece.
Nice work! :thumbsup

Thanks... maybe Howard or Fettster will take up that gauntlet one day ;)

Al

Something new for me, I spent some of the weekend scratch building Reese's 1/2 scale Ithaca 37 shotgun with extended magazine tube and the stock sawn off. I used a few different references and the details seemed to vary, but it's as accurate as I could get it. Made from ply, doweling, Aves putty, and styrene. Still the trigger guard to do and I think it has a rear sight... I can see one on the photos I found of a real Ithaca 37m but I can't see one in the movie. The pump slider could have been a bit better, but over all I'm pleased with it seeing as I've never built anything like that before.

IMG_1080.jpg

Balanced on his shoulder it looks like it has the right effect...

IMG_1088.jpg

Superb. Are you goig to sculpt an arm to hold it or just try to create the illusion its been held without the arm there?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back