Kyle Reese (WIP)

Hi guys, well, as sometimes happens with the fickle thing that is capturing a likeness in clay, I lost it. I was working away, adding clay here and there, working from the varying reference, when all of a sudden (well, seemed like it) the likeness was gone from the front view, but still held a little from the three quarter view. So I kept working, trying to find what I'd done to lose it, and almost bashed the face in with frustration at times, but I persevered with it over a few days, and I think I've managed to get something of a likeness back. I'm still not satisfied yet, but then again I wasn't with the original... the hair is just a rough out to get the picture. Anyway, I hope it's looking okay... take a look and tell me what you think.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

Al

Great Work Alan. Persevere with it and he'l be awesome in the end. I know exactly the feeling of what your saying. You take off a little here add a little there and ya think no its still looking good and then all of a sudden BANG it looks like ****. Cant wait to see more updates.

I've only worked on him a little since the last photos. Here's a quick shot to show where he's at. Still a lot to do yet.

IMG_0782.jpg

This is looking superb!
Another fantastic sculpt Alan :love

Can someone photoshop the chrome out of the eyes for this pic? :)

Thanks for the great encouragement, guys. I'm not happy with the likeness yet. Some times I think it looks great, and other times I think I'm completely missing the classic 'tells' of Michael's face. I'll keep plugging at it though and hopefully a reasonably good likeness will come through :)

Michael Biehn's face is supremely weird when you start to analyze it.

I was doing a portrait of him a couple months back for a poster and getting his likeness across was proving extremely challenging.

That upper lip is so odd.

Keep up the good work!

Nick

Yeah, you are right, Nick. Also, over the course of the movie, his face changes too, which makes it difficult to nail the likeness when you are using reference from different parts of the movie. I like the way he looks when he's delivering the "That Terminator is out there..." speech, but he looks more gaunt in his face than, for example, the scene where he and Sarah spend the night under the bridge. I imagine one was filmed toward the beginning of the shoot and the the other toward the end when he had lost a few pounds.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back