goodbye eureka :(

neosporing

Sr Member
well eureka fans, we're in the home stretch.

My daughter and I love the show, and it is one of the few family friendly shows that we can actually watch as a family. We're devastated that it is ending. Not sure how they're going to wrap the show up with one episode... :|

i'm still hoping that by some space time temporal miracle, the people who cancelled season 6 are redacted and the series is reinstated.

well eureka fans, we're in the home stretch.

My daughter and I love the show, and it is one of the few family friendly shows that we can actually watch as a family. We're devastated that it is ending. Not sure how they're going to wrap the show up with one episode... :|

i'm still hoping that by some space time temporal miracle, the people who cancelled season 6 are redacted and the series is reinstated.

At least they get to wrap everything up. I hate it when they cancel a show overnight or after a cliffhanger.

Besides, how many disasters can you have?

Sent from my Apple Newton

what? noooooooooooooo *vader impression*

i didnt know they will end it. especially now that they have felicia day :(

now im sad

At least they get to wrap everything up. I hate it when they cancel a show overnight or after a cliffhanger.

Not really, this season was written with a 6 episode season in mind until SyFy told them at the last minute that they weren't getting their 6 episode finale season. I believe that they had time to sort of wrap things up but you can bet it won't be that great of wrap up with only 1 or 2 episodes left, there's just no way when the entire season was not written with that in mind. It means that things are going to get wrapped up a lot faster than they were meant to be and a lot of things probably won't be covered because of it too.

Maybe if we're lucky and things don't quite wrap up that neatly SyFy will be good enough to greenlight a Eureka TV/direct to DVD movie to really wrap things up like they did w/SG-1. And if we're really, really lucky SyFy won't pull their usual last minute 5th season cancellation notices, like they always do, to Warehouse 13 and either allow them a 6th season to finish things or allow them to go into season 5 knowing that it's their last so it can written appropriately. As far as I can remember, with the exception of BSG, no scripted show on SyFy has actually gone into its last season actually knowing that it's their last or gotten notice early enough notice in their last season to actually to write new scripts that would account for their being canceled.

Yeah sorry to see it go, while I did'nt really follow it I enjoyed every episode I saw

love this show as well as warehouse 13 but i dont have cable so i watch the older seasons on hulu and netflix

Another one bites the dust due to the Syphillis Channel's rule about no more than 5 seasons to avoid having to pay actors more.

Been watching the show since it began. It's too bad it's getting cancelled as I really enjoyed it. I'll be curious to see what some of the actors do next.

I'm so sad! Luckily for the fans, it really seems like they're giving the end a HUGE flourish! Although i am depressed to see the show leave, 5 years is a fantastic run for this show and I am happy it went where I wanted it to!

Been watching the show since it began. It's too bad it's getting cancelled as I really enjoyed it. I'll be curious to see what some of the actors do next.

It will definitely be interesting to see what the cast does next but sadly, it seems that actors from genre shows don't seem to pick up work like actors from more mainstreams shows do. I can see Colin Ferguson and Salli Richards picking up something after Eureka but I'm not so sure about the others though, we'll probably (sadly) see them in various SyFy original movies.

I'm so sad! Luckily for the fans, it really seems like they're giving the end a HUGE flourish! Although i am depressed to see the show leave, 5 years is a fantastic run for this show and I am happy it went where I wanted it to!

It seems like but that's what SyFy makes you think every time they cancel a show at the last minute like they always do. The original plan was to wrap the show up one more season of 6 episodes until, at the last minute, SyFy announced that they were cancelling them because the money wasn't there for another 6 episode season. The funny thing about this is that the 6 episode plan was originally a go and all but locked in when all of a sudden SyFy realized that the money wasn't there, funny how it was but now, all of a sudden, it isn't.

well it seems this weeks episodes ending announces how the show will end
im kinda underwhelmed if they do it that way

well the finale is floating around out there on the web. I couldn't wait for next week and ended up watching it. it was sweet. i hope by some miracle that we can get more.

with the exception of nathan, i think everyone got to have a nice little cameo / wrap up fairy tale ending. I liked the bookend ending, with carter and zoe. it was the exact ending i was hoping for.

when dr. holly martin talks about her new 'super secret job' I got my hopes up for a felicia day web spin-off with some of the cast.

with the eureka remaining mostly intact, i guess it leaves it open for more? ... one can hope...

i thought the sudden letter saying that the remaining weeks were cut was a great reference to what actually happened to the series. it was bittersweet. well there is more i want to talk about, but i realize that some of you are probably reading this, that don't actually want to be spoiled. you can pm me if you really can't wait and need to know details.
:)

I lost interest when they fubared the timeline and didn't bother to fix it. Was there a single change that new timeline created beyond Henry being married that couldn't have been implemented without time travel?

I'll have to go back and catch up at some point. This was the last thing on SyFy I had a passing interest in, bummer that it has to end like this. Hope the Warehouse 13 fans are bracing themselves for the network to screw that show over, it's going to happen.

I am just getting into this show via Netflix. I really like it, but I can see where it would eventually have to end. Some of it is predictable. That said, it is good that some shows quit while they are ahead. BSG had a story arc and that was it. More should end like that.

I am just getting into this show via Netflix. I really like it, but I can see where it would eventually have to end. Some of it is predictable. That said, it is good that some shows quit while they are ahead. BSG had a story arc and that was it. More should end like that.

The issue isn't that the show would eventually have to end as much as the show wasn't able to end as intended. Instead of having 6 episodes to wrap things up the ending of the show had to be all crammed into one episode thanks to SyFy nixing the 6 episode season 6 plan at the last minute. This is why I say that all show creators/producers for SyFy scripted shows should have a 5 year plan in mind because there's no way in hell that they'd actually go beyond 5 seasons on SyFy. RDM was definitely smart in pulling the plug on BSG when he did, not everybody may have liked the ending but at least they got to end it on their own terms and not have to end on a cliffhanger or rush the ending.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back