Prometheus ampule and hammerpede

r_j_young2003

Hey,
Seen it twice now and love it. I loved the ampules with the black slime and have found some pretty good reference photos online so thought I have a go at a mini version for the mantle piece! Picked up a cheap vase which, when turned upside down is a pretty good base for the shape. Filled all the ridges in the vase and the top. I think it's a little narrow at the bottom and will probably cut a couple of inches off, but not a bad start. Reckon it's about 3/4 the size of the smallest ones in the film. Think I'll do a rough cast to cut the lid off and carve the alien text in the surface.
If anyone has any good ref photos I'd really appreciated it / dimensions.

View attachment 101395View attachment 101396View attachment 101397View attachment 101398

Last edited:
Re: Prometheus mini ampule

Definitely would be interested in an accurate, full-size one of these if anyone decides to do one. One with a top that comes off would be even better. :)

Chris

Re: Prometheus mini ampule

Awesome, want me one of these!

According to the art book, there were 70 ampules made in different sizes, from 16 to 36 inches, so yours may be regarded as full-size :)

Thanks for the comments. I read the same info Birdie which makes me think mine is about 3/4 the size of the smallest ones made for the film. I'm planning on making mine with a lid that comes off as in the film. Whilst waiting for some supplies, I've started sculpting a little hammerpede to go with it. Hope you like it.

View attachment 104562 View attachment 104563

please don't hate but I just thought how funny it'd be if you converted one of those old snake in can bodies into a hammerpede and made a 'hammerpede in an ampule'.:lol It'd be a fun getcha

ps the art of film book.. or a quick search online has some pretty decent pics of what they look like as well as the inscriptions on the side. As far as sizes goes, not exactly sure but there are a couple pics with people standing next to it when the prop has been on a table and its roughly waist to shoulders on both male and females. That doesn't help much but remember it was small enough to fit in a bag. Another thing you might want to do is look at the pics with Fassbender holding one of the green things and removing the lid. may not be spot on but roughly in the ballpark with some references to go by that way.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back