Star Wars Chronicles

Swedolorian

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is two different version of the book: Star Wars Chronicles from -97?
I have found two different covers on eBay:
1f_1_b.JPG
33_8.JPG

But is the contens the same??? :confused

Tjena. (heya)

There are different editions of the book. The first ones have the slipcover seen to the left in your photo and is (or was?) the most expensive versions due to the rarity of the book.

The slipcover edition was done in an American and British print, both virtually identical (except the British wasn't as expensive in the second-hand market).

A reprinting, without the slipcase is (as far as I know) available now and it's probably identical inside (I think it's the one on the right in your photo).

Note that there is also a Japanese version of the slipcover that looks exactly the same, but has all the text written in japanese (of course).

If I'm not mistaken, the book was Japanese from the beginning.

<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Nov 1 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1348811[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

It sure was.

This is a great book, get it if you are debating.

I have the Japanese and US version and the covers on the two of them are different, as well as their slipcases. The actual contents of the books are the same of course (not counting the Japanese text of course ;) ).

<div class='quotetop'>(Imperious825 @ Nov 1 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1348901[/snapback]</div>
For those who have all 4 Visual Dictionaries, prepare to purchase the all-in-one, definitive Star Wars Visual Dictionary.
[/b]

Not to be rude but how does this relate in any way to the Chronicles book?

Hi. My friend in England has the UK version of the book. I have the U.S. version. The actual book is as far as I can tell, the same. Both have a slipcover though. The UK one is the one on the left in your picture. My version has a slipcover with the Death Star image on the right. The cover of the book itself is a series of narrow black and white stills arranged in a zebra stipe kind of design. Hope that clarifies.

There are 2 US printings. I think they have the same cover and content.

The death star is the japanese printing.

Amazon had it mislabeled.

FB

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Nov 1 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1348869[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Nov 1 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]1348811[/snapback]
[/b]

It sure was.

This is a great book, get it if you are debating.
[/b][/quote]
What about the other book, Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels; is a good one too? :confused

I have the Deathstar version(usa--english language) and it comes with the slip case as well.

Snagged it for a really good price too......$57 shipped.

I was wrong earlier.

I just got off the phone with Chronicle Books and they said that the death star IS the cover for the 2nd edition. They didn't mention a slipcase though.

FB

Ok, Ok, here are the First Edition US version and a First Edition Japanese version.

Note the slipcase and simple design of the Japanese version...
Oh and please excuse the blurriness, I forgot to reset the flash.

I have the death star version, and have spent hours looking thru the "striped" version, before I got it. The deathstar verion IS the second edition and does come with the same book cover, different slip cover. No difference inside. I was hoping the second edition would have better binding, as that was the problem with the first edition. It doesn't the binding still stinks and the pages will eventually still fall out if you aren't gentle with it... :(

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back