1/350 PL Enterprise-A

pengbuzz

Sr Member
Well, this project is one of my older ones, but I'm posting it because looking at her, I'm still very much taken with this ship:

completedship.jpg

This was her after I first completed her a couple of years ago.

ent1.jpg

ent2.jpg

And this is some artwork I did based on this pic:

TMPEnterpriseproject7.jpg

Yeah; there's been a few comments in the past about the "A" being a new build, but I decided to just leave the art as it was. :lol:

The ship has no internal lighting system; the lights were done in Photoshop, as were these two pics:

SurakEnterpriseRendevous.jpg

EnterpriseALeavingOrbit2.jpg

I'll post more pics of the actual model in a bit; I need to find them on my PC. meantime, enjoy these photos.

Last edited:
I have this kit. But still on the waiting list to be build. At that scale, it just screaming "Light me!". So I'm saving some money for the lighting kit.

Great build by the way. Inspiring. Did you used decal or paint for the Aztec pattern?

Looking good.

But why not put her on a proper display base?
Taking pictures when she sits in/at a cardbox? I mean come on!

Mine is still in progress. I have the secondary hull pretty much done with the aztec and regular decals. I started on the saucer but as usual other projects jumped in front of it. My kit was one of the early ones with no aztec sheets. My wife got the set for me this last christmas and I'm not making a lot of progress.

Mine is still in progress. I have the secondary hull pretty much done with the aztec and regular decals. I started on the saucer but as usual other projects jumped in front of it. My kit was one of the early ones with no aztec sheets. My wife got the set for me this last christmas and I'm not making a lot of progress.

Cool to hear that your wife got you the aztec set!! :) Yeah, it takes time with the aztecing, especially for the saucer. I had to order a second set of aztec decals from round 2 when I messed up the panels on the top of the saucer.

Yeah, she's getting pretty good at letting me pick out stuff I want. For fathersday she ordered me a new pickguard and plastic for one of my guitars. Then later that day we went to dinner and the kids had stuff for me. I'm thinking more Worlds Greatest Dad stuff but instead there were 3 Trek key chains, a Trek drinking cup (the kind with the built in straw) and a guitar price guide. I have trained them well!

As for the decals, I guess I cheated but I cut the big sheets down into 8 1/2 X 11 sections and scanned them into my computer. That way if I screw one up I can print out another one. I also found some nice extras on starshipmodeler.com that are scaled properly.
One of these days I'm gonna scale the scans down to fit the older lights and sounds kit that is in pieces.

Cool to hear that your wife got you the aztec set!! :) Yeah, it takes time with the aztecing, especially for the saucer. I had to order a second set of aztec decals from round 2 when I messed up the panels on the top of the saucer.

I'm gonna take note of that.
2 sets of decals and...
Few bottles of decal solvent and setting solution?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back