Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

just to chiem in here again as well..

I 'too' a still working on a custom PCB that will fit these..

I have ordered parts/received them
I have ordered 'dip' variants of the same parts that will go on the pcb, (so I can mock it all up first on a breadboard)/received them

once I wok out a few bugs.. I can work on the firmware/code.

anyody have a 'pew pew' sound effects they think would work nice for this they would like to post/share?

I have ordered 'dip' variants of the same parts that will go on the pcb, (so I can mock it all up first on a breadboard)/received them

anyody have a 'pew pew' sound effects they think would work nice for this they would like to post/share?

Hi, i found a youtube video with different twhip sounds, i'll post the link here as soon as i find it again!

Just got an email from Shapeways team that says that they cant print the bezel and that it is to small. Is anyone else having the same problem?

what material are you using for the bezel? WSF is touch and go depending on the operator but Frosted Detail is a sure bet and saves on prep work. :):thumbsup

Here's my current progress...been collecting the parts for a bit but just started on them yesterday as a break from puff painting like a mad man! The last one is a screen shot that I took in order to match up the watch parts. I'm confidant I got all the pieces right except for the "arm" type piece next to the fluid cartridges (red dotted piece in mine). Nothing in my two 5 gram packs (ordered two smaller packs instead of 1 bigger pack in hopes of more doubles) matched the screen grab so I picked something similar that I liked and was happy with. Painted with Krylon Fusion Navy Blue Gloss With a Satin Clear coat.

Still need to figure out the LED's and palm switch. Electronics is an area I don't have much experience in other than "plug and play" type kits.
Those look amazing! I've really gotta get off my hiney and finish off my own shooter.

Hi everyone!!
I'm going to paint the shooter soon, right now i'm looking for a good tonality of Blue :)

The only issue is that:
I don't know how to make a giid circuit :\
Can you help me with Leds?
Thx
there's been a couple of really great, easy to follow wiring diagrams posted already a couple of pages back. all that's left for you is to decide on a battery size. :thumbsup

I squeal with excitement! As always here to help!

these all sound awesome. what kind of file size are we limited to? Whatever size the memory card or was it decided there wasn't enough room for the additional electronics. either way exciting progress!

and just a note for everyone that PM's me asking for basic info. Please please please read the first post, and then reread it again, and once more for good measure! 99% of the messages I receive are answered in the first post!

cheers! :cheers

wow.. how did I miss all these posts? (dang email notification!!!!) :)

1.) thanks for the link.. (I gotta figure out to rip the audio form the YT vids now) =(

2.) files size for sound.. unlimited more or less.. I mean.. we'll never fill up the SD card with 'this' project..

I doubt there will be many (any?) more sounds then just the pew-pew sounds...

maybe a boot-up sound when its powered on?.. and an 'empty' sound..

but thats up to code.. we can add more sounds how we like.. but how to we trigger them>?

we have VERY (very) limited space!! to the point where I am having trouble find space just to solder pads for the 1 switch we have now and the battery/speaker pads too!

Im gonna try to work it out that we can do more than 1 activity/action with the same 1 switch..

press makes pew sound
keep pressing (and when counter runs down).. it makes 'empty cartridge' sound
when empty.. hold button down for a couple seconds to 're-load'
during shooting it will count down and dim a green led every x shots.. until all leds are off and cartridge is empty..

thats my current plan of action at least..

current status of project is this:

have tested everything on a 'real' Arduino (full blown dev board)..

and its 'working'..

cons: the audio is NOT great.. being no room.. means no low-pass filter.. and no amp.. so its more along the lines of a TOY quality audio.. (if we are 'open' to hiding a few small electronics on the lather band of the wrist straps. then we can explore more options..

already working on porting to the smaller, minimal version we will be using for testing.

1.) have a breadboard demo mock-up all set.
2.) have it ready for 3.3v / 8MHz internal clock (minimal components) set-up

current 'bug' is getting the SD card to work with this minimal 3.3v/8MHz internal clock Arduino set-up...

once that get figured out (if it can be).. I'll post another update.. get some feedback/polls.. and we'll order some PCB's :)

just an update!..

Thanks epileptic, i will try to follow what the others did in previous pages! :)
BTW, will u post pictures of your shooters? Lookin' forward to see it!

@xl97 Can i suggest you how to get the audio from those videos?

1) Install DownloadHelper plugin for Mozilla Firefox (it allows you to save most of videos from various sites)

2) Download aTube Catcher, it is a program useful both for downloading videos and to convert them.
Go to Video Converter, add you donloaded video and simply choose how the output conversion (eg: mp3)

Alright? :)

what material are you using for the bezel? WSF is touch and go depending on the operator but Frosted Detail is a sure bet and saves on prep work. :):thumbsup
I've uploaded all the files but the bezel is the only one that wasnt uploaded. Supposedly it is to small for the program to accept it. They are telling me to make it bigger and then try uploading it again. Any suggestios?

FINALLY!!!!! After uploading 20 times it was succesfully uploaded. I just changed it from milimeters to inches and that was it. The only thing is that it doesn't has an image. (y)lol:lol:lol

thanks!

I'll check 'em out.

Im still 'plagued' with this 'bug'.. spent some more time on it.. and also posted in another electronics forum to see if I can get it worked out.

if not.. I have a plan B.. failing that, no clue.. (leds only? no audio?..lol)

I'll keep you guys posted.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back