Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Help with scale

That's the beauty of technology, it's just a matter of mirroring the objects and sending it off to the printer; but yes a left and right side will be available for those that do not know how to work a 3D program. :):thumbsup
View attachment 101299

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Help with scale

Thanks me too!
I think I finally decided on a size, about 2 inches; it's what looked best on my wrist. Here's a pic showing the progression of the different sizes I tried out.
View attachment 101300

But try it out for yourself. I'd love to get feedback on what size it should be.

View attachment 101301

Oh, and I just bought a 2.5g sampling of watch cogs and gears off the bay. :love

Looks like it coming along good!
Nice work !

I would concur about the size. It seems spot on.

Really? It just seems so big when I print it out. (That's what she said)

Well, I'm just about ready to finalize everything but then a thought hit me. The way I have the bezel now is that it's just sitting on top with the idea of gluing it on permanently. I'm thinking of having it snap in to place so that you can take the bezel off at your leisure. Let me model something up real quick.

Ok, here's a simple locking mechanism I came up with. This way you can easily convert between street clothes and costume spidey. You can see the nub on the bezel that should slide right in and snap into place onto the base.

View attachment 101512

I'll be sending this off to the printer today and once I get confirmation that it's squared away ready for printing; the files shall be released!!! muahahaha :lol

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Almost done!!!

I just ordered the prints and here are the figures for each piece. Remember, you need one of each for 1 web shooter kit.

• Bezel
    WSF Polished $4.76​
  • Shooter face
    WSF Polished $2.81​
  • Base
    WSF Polished $6.66​
  • Fluid Cartridge
    WSF $2.88​
  • Nozzle
    Frosted Ultra Detail $5.59​
Sub Total:
$22.70
UPS Flat shipping USA
$6.50​

Bringing us a grand total of $29.20
Once I know for sure it's printable I'll post up links.

Re: Spiderman web shooter: An open source RPF collaborative project. Almost done!!!

I just ordered the prints and here are the figures for each piece. Remember, you need one of each for 1 web shooter kit.

• Bezel
    WSF Polished $4.76​
  • Shooter face
    WSF Polished $2.81​
  • Base
    WSF Polished $6.66​
  • Fluid Cartridge
    WSF $2.88​
  • Nozzle
    Frosted Ultra Detail $5.59​
Sub Total:
$22.70
UPS Flat shipping USA
$6.50​
Bringing us a grand total of $29.20
Once I know for sure it's printable I'll post up links.

can you ship both shooters for $6.50? or 2 shooters for $13?

Just to clarify these prices are from shapeways. I am in no way shape or form handling the physical objects. Also, even though there are cheaper options, I.e sandstone. Do NOT purchase them in that material. It simply lacks the detail required for these pieces. Additionally it has an extremely rough texture that is a pita to smooth down to something presentable. Get sandstone and you will be highly disappointed.

I'll be throwing up a FAQ later today.

Also, I just got word that the shooters are being printed as we speak! This means that the model is suitable for printing and no errors have been found. I just need to throw together a small readme file to go with the models and I'll be posting up the model and Shapeways links in the JY shortly!

Just to throw it out there, (if you aren't already aware) there is a backlog on models being printed in WSF for 1-2 weeks :(.

I have a couple of orders delayed because of this. They all say they are in production, but one was supposed to ship out on/before June 27th and another on July third.

You can check the material status on their website:
Shapeways | 3D Printing - Materials Status Page

Re: Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project. FREE Model now Available!

Thanks for the heads up, there always seems to be a back log on that particular material. With any luck the back log will coincide with the time it takes for Ultra Frosted Detail and I'll get both pieces in at the same time.

In other exciting news, the 3D model is now available for download, see the first post for details!

and the Junkyard thread is up! For you lurkers out there, come out and join The RPF and take advantage of this fun project!

wow I always wanted this thing when I first watch the first Spiderman Movie.hehe

Jut ordered my costume versions of the shooters

Last edited:

I'm new to this board and to replica props, so bare with me while I ask a probably dumb question, but if I input all of this onto ShadowWays like you're posting here, I'll be sent a "real" web shooter and not just a piece of paper? Please help. Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back