The Definitive Hawkeye SHIELD Uniform/Costume Thread

Another question! :) Does anyone know what equipment Hawkeye is wearing on his right hip? There's some sort of grommeted strap hanging from the tactical belt, but I can't find any screencaps that show it clearly (they all cut off below the hips).

There are a few pictures that show part of the strap. You can see the top of it here: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/avengers-trailer054.jpg

Incidentally, that's also the ONLY picture I can find that shows his black quiver. I'm thinking I'll just make one out of black nylon over a flexible frame, because it'll be a lot cheaper than buying one (the only plain cordura quiver I've found was going to be close to $50 after shipping).

Another question! :) Does anyone know what equipment Hawkeye is wearing on his right hip? There's some sort of grommeted strap hanging from the tactical belt, but I can't find any screencaps that show it clearly (they all cut off below the hips).

There are a few pictures that show part of the strap. You can see the top of it here: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/avengers-trailer054.jpg

Incidentally, that's also the ONLY picture I can find that shows his black quiver. I'm thinking I'll just make one out of black nylon over a flexible frame, because it'll be a lot cheaper than buying one (the only plain cordura quiver I've found was going to be close to $50 after shipping).

Those grommets are actually the hilt of the knife that he uses. It's a completely custom knife by Busse.

30kg61d.jpg

EDIT apparently there is a short one as well. Darned if I know where he puts it.

2ds0ayt.jpg

Strados, thanks for the info! I hadn't seen pictures of the knife, so that's very helpful.

My Blackhawk vest arrived today, and I just finished modding it. For reference, in case anyone other women or smaller men order one, the size chart is a little misleading. The site said a Small (which I ordered) would fit a 34-36" chest. My chest is 34.5" (when bound), and I had about 2-3" of extra fabric sticking out under my arms on each side with the vest zipped up. (It might fit perfectly over a bulky tactical suit, but not over a tight T-shirt like Jeremy Renner is wearing in the film.)

Since you can't take in the side seams without messing up the pockets and vents, I altered the vest by running two long darts down the back panel, starting at the yoke seam and running to the "corners" in the tuxedo-curved hem. My theory is that the extra seams shouldn't be conspicuous with the quiver covering them. (Sorry for the puffiness in this photo; it hasn't been pressed flat yet.)

And this is the altered result (still not pressed):

Yeh I have the same thing with mine, Im going to keep this one unaltered and use it for airsoft and buy another one to modify for the costume.

Yeh I have the same thing with mine, Im going to keep this one unaltered and use it for airsoft and buy another one to modify for the costume.

Although my Main priority is Spiderman My Hawkeye build is still going. Found out tonight that the quiver he uses on the Shield version is not as complex as the Avengers one, that's a weight off my mind. You can see here
tumblr_m46fsltnIG1rrr8kdo1_500.gif

OK so here's where I am now, thanks to you guys for help on sourcing bits.
I need the arm guards and glove but it's getting there.

576604_219660941488596_465356799_n.jpg

And with the vest, pulling a Renner face :cool

525825_221480057973351_1335723947_n.jpg

Should be getting a bow soon :)

Thanks for looking

Paul

Hi everyone, sorry for not responding or posting in this thread for a while. My dad has been in and out of the hospital for the last month fighting infections and I have been busy with that.

Mynameischris, the way tophunter said to remove the velcro is the way I did it.

Still need to mod the collar on the vest. Will try to get some photos taken this week since I want to do a dry run before Dragon*Con

Predpaul, looking good, is that a P99 in your holster? Just remember when you get your new bow to get the right size arrows, when at full pull your hand should line up under the side of your jaw.

tibberon25, looking forward to seeing more of your costume soon!

Aesthetics question for the group:

I'm planning on wearing Hawkeye this Friday at Gen Con. I have not really bothered with the holster or gun yet for this costume because Gen Con has a strict ban on gun props (and bows, and all other weapons), so I wouldn't be able to wear it anyway. I did get a Blackhawk tactical belt (which would normally have the holster attached) just so the costume looked more complete.

However, I tried everything on together today, and I'm wondering if I should include the holster straps on the leg anyway, just so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a useless belt and missing something. I have nylon web and parachute clips; I could make the straps fairly easily, even without the molded plastic holster base (and for that matter, I could thermoform some plastic around my leg and fake that, too).

Here's a horrible, washed-out photo of the build so far:

There are times in the movie when Clint does not wear the gun, but during those scenes he never has the archery gear on, so I'd be only half-accurate either way. I'm not sure it's worth the extra effort at this point, especially when I'm still working on my other costumes. ^_^; Any opinions?

What bow is that you are using?

Um... I could have told you that a week ago, before I painted it black and covered the model number, but now I've forgotten. I've had it for a while; it's a little 25 lb. recurve that I found cheap somewhere and bought specifically for costuming purposes. (It used to have a metallic blue riser and white limbs, if that helps...)

I ended up leaving off the holster straps. The sunlight was almost gone when we wrapped up our workshops, but I got a few decent photos. There are several more in my Cosplay.com gallery, but here's a preview:

Ok as promised, here are photos of my finished costume. Im not wearing the quiver in this and forgot the sunglasses but its complete and done.

The pants are blackhawk pants and the knee pads are paintball knockoffs. They are sewn on to the pants.

Im also using a riggers belt with this costume in addition to the bianchi belt.

The holster shroud is also a Blackhawk holster that my cousin had lying around

024.jpg

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

Um... I could have told you that a week ago, before I painted it black and covered the model number, but now I've forgotten. I've had it for a while; it's a little 25 lb. recurve that I found cheap somewhere and bought specifically for costuming purposes. (It used to have a metallic blue riser and white limbs, if that helps...)

I ended up leaving off the holster straps. The sunlight was almost gone when we wrapped up our workshops, but I got a few decent photos. There are several more in my Cosplay.com gallery, but here's a preview:

Looking Good!!!!

I had the same problem of the vest being way bigger than I thought it would be. Thanks for the idea of darting the back. I'm going to give that a shot.

I think it looks good as it is. What bow is that you are using?

By the way, I finally IDed the bow! It's a PSE Scamp II, I think 46", 25# draw.

I found out *after* I painted it that this model hasn't been manufactured in a while, and apparently there's a fairly decent market for them since they no longer make replacement parts... Used ones sell for upwards of $80. Which would have paid for a decent chunk of my costume. /sigh/ Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.

Here's my final Hawkeye with pads from TMC, Glove and armguard by Neet and Bow. Some say I look like Renner :lol

This is all ready for London Expo now. Back to work on my Spidey now :cool

hawkeye_cosplay_completed_by_paulelder-d5eo9zi.jpghttp:
hawkeye_cosplay_completed_by_paulelder-d5eo9zi.jpg

My glove and armguard arrived the wrong colour but nothing a bit of paint didn't fix. It also gave it a more leather look :)

255559_258587124262644_356063502_n.jpg

644641_259197387534951_1873404230_n.jpg

My bow is this I sprayed it all black and added a laser sight.

300799_251027191685304_1818877791_n.jpg

546092_259198917534798_1946983781_n.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Awesome!!! Great Job!!!

Here's my final Hawkeye with pads from TMC, Glove and armguard by Neet and Bow. Some say I look like Renner :lol

This is all ready for London Expo now. Back to work on my Spidey now :cool

hawkeye_cosplay_completed_by_paulelder-d5eo9zi.jpghttp:
hawkeye_cosplay_completed_by_paulelder-d5eo9zi.jpg

My glove and armguard arrived the wrong colour but nothing a bit of paint didn't fix. It also gave it a more leather look :)

255559_258587124262644_356063502_n.jpg

644641_259197387534951_1873404230_n.jpg

My bow is this I sprayed it all black and added a laser sight.

300799_251027191685304_1818877791_n.jpg

546092_259198917534798_1946983781_n.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Paul

Greetings All,

Throwing this costume together for a con in November, and there are two things that I still haven't seen answered here if anyone has any leads:

1. What is the make of the boots that he's wearing?

2. Any construction notes on the archery glove? The more I look at it, the more it looks like they fused a standard finger tab sort of glove with a wristbrace/cuff of some kind.

Two things I've noticed:

1. The tactical vest has adjustment tabs added to it on the sides. They're noticeable during the fight between Hawkeye and Black Widow on the Hellicarrier.

2. Seems that he's using a two notched belt to hold his pants up :p Pedantic detail, but I thought I'd mention it.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

2. Any construction notes on the archery glove? The more I look at it, the more it looks like they fused a standard finger tab sort of glove with a wristbrace/cuff of some kind.
I made my own glove from scratch (none of the sports stores around me carry archery gloves!), but I think you're right; the glove is a fairly standard design. The additional wristband also has leather straps that buckle across the back.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back