NECA Ezio Assassin's Creed hidden blade

booksandcorsets

Sr Member
Just spotted this on the Gamestop site. $39.95, out in October.

320190b.jpg

Link.

Last edited:
yeah noticed this when they were unveiling the NECA Portal gun earlier this year. Interesting to see one close up but for $40 it's not going to be the greatest replica.

Mind you, could be a nice base to mod into something very cool.....

I pre-ordered mine right after watching the demo video. It may end up being a little over-sized, but with a repaint and replaced leather parts it'll make a great costume piece, and the price is worth it if not just to take apart the hidden blade and see how it works. From the looks of things, it compresses down into the blade, inner sleeve, and the case as three pieces like the "real thing". I'm very interested in seeing how they accomplished that.

I pre-ordered mine right after watching the demo video. It may end up being a little over-sized, but with a repaint and replaced leather parts it'll make a great costume piece, and the price is worth it if not just to take apart the hidden blade and see how it works. From the looks of things, it compresses down into the blade, inner sleeve, and the case as three pieces like the "real thing". I'm very interested in seeing how they accomplished that.

I'm very interested to see how it works, too. If not a great spring board for modifying to get a version that locks in place and retracts like the 'real deal'.:love

Well, unfortunately it looks like this one retracts by pulling it back in by the blade, so worse than your average garage build. I'm more interested in the dual slider than anything else.

I think its cute, and considering mainly from a collector's perspective. Bracer looks too small to incorporate directly into am ACB costume. This looks maybe about the size of an AC2 bracer, and a to scale ACB bracer is considerably larger.

This is also not automatic, basic spring load, manual retract.

Poopa- you're better off DIYing it, someone on youtube broke down anumra's working one, replicated it using craft sticks and cereal boxes, and posted a tutorial. Kudo's to his reourcefulness! Hidden Blade Dual Action Assasin's Creed (Tutorial) - YouTube

Something tells me they'll be bundling this with some version of 3 (like how da Vinci's glider could come with Revelations).

I'll probably buy it for the collection's sake, but it's probably too large for my arm and it seems bulky anyway.

Certainly interesting, though (a pull ring deploy would've been much better, imo).

I think its cute, and considering mainly from a collector's perspective. Bracer looks too small to incorporate directly into am ACB costume. This looks maybe about the size of an AC2 bracer, and a to scale ACB bracer is considerably larger.

This is also not automatic, basic spring load, manual retract.

Poopa- you're better off DIYing it, someone on youtube broke down anumra's working one, replicated it using craft sticks and cereal boxes, and posted a tutorial. Kudo's to his reourcefulness! Hidden Blade Dual Action Assasin's Creed (Tutorial) - YouTube

Yeah, I know, I've been meaning to ever since the first game came out but the problem is the thickness of these garage builds. I don't like it. I wish I were more mechanically keen or had some idea of engineering to get it thin like it is in-game as well as work the way the concept pictures show.

You know, as a properly functioning weapon. Honestly, it's no fun if it isn't somewhat dangerous.:love

Thanks for linking to that video fevereon. That build is awesome. It could very easily be improved and scaled down using sheet steel and styrene in place of all the popsicle sticks and cardboard. I would say probable to half that size without any problems. 1/32" sheet steel and styrene are pretty affordable, too. It would of course change the tools needed, but you could still probably do the job with just a dremel and some JB weld/epoxy. This changes my DC plans a bit. I have to find something good to make the blade from, I don't think metal will fly at a con.

Just got off the phone with Game Stop here in California. They said its a very limited supply, $5 down payment for a reserved bracer. It also will be released the night of the release of AC3, but no bundles with the bracer

It will be here in time for Halloween, it's the night before.

I didn't have to make a down payment for mine, I just gave them my CC info and they said I'd be charged at pick-up. I'm probably going to cancel after all now, though. I don't really plan to make a Brotherhood costume ever, that costume was awful. That tutorial up above inspired me to make a scaled down, accurate version and I'm mostly done with the schematics for that. Got it scaled down to 9" long, 1.325" wide, and 1/2" tall not including the pulley, which adds about another 1/4".

I am still considering getting this, but I would love to be able to do what Risu is doing, I just can't work with metal well and my main problem is that I can't make the blade long enough without making it telescope, which I don't know how to do properly.

Man, I wish I knew how he did the telescoping blade. His is WAY too long, though. He put in an Ezio style blade into an Altair sized case.

Neo, mine is actually going to be made 100% from sheet styrene. All cut with an xacto knife. Total cost is around $15. I'll post about it soon in my build thread. The only metal part will be an aluminum plate on the bottom with brackets to put the gauntlet straps through.

btw, ubisoft did it again!!!! first a hidden blade. Then two hidden blades! then darts! then a gun! then a hook! now...

Assassin's Creed 3 News and Info - NEW WEAPON!!! Detachable Hidden Blade!!! - YouTube

a rotating hidden blade that turns into a handheld knife?!

honestly i thought of this years ago but never did anything about it... albeit a little more up to date. i figured modern assassins would be able to produce throwing knives that ARE the hidden blades and can be shot out of the hidden blade and replaced, and also the whole arm mounted mechanism could rotate 90 degrees to the outside of the forearm, allowing one to stab someone in a reverse clothesline.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back