Spell Tome book?

zoicno

I want to make or get some kinda Spell tome book .. like ones in games like skyrim.. or whenever a mage use magic... anyone have any idea where ether i can buy something that looks like a spell tome... or how i should make one

No ideas on where to buy em, but I'd imagine the same ideas used for making a necronomicon could work for making a spell tome from Skyrim.

You could check with custom leather workers in your area if you want a special cover done though, but that can be pretty expensive on it's own.

Google "necronomicon prop" or "making necronomicon" and you will get a ton of results on how to manuals, and that should give you a great idea on what kinda work you'd be in for :)

Chris

I'm the binder of the recent Nine Gates books, and I've thought about tackling some spell tome books from the Elder Scrolls series (I'm an avid fan), but haven't yet put forth full effort in conceptualizing their construction, tooling, etc. Much of the decorative patterns can be approximated, but the dye jobs themselves would be pretty hardcore.

...however, having just played Skyrim for a good three hours straight, my mind is on the topic. One problem (or challenge) is that there's not enough in-game content for each tome to make a complete book. A blank one could be done; I'm not opposed to that. But my heart is set on making a complete book of some kind.

I'm thinking off the cuff here -- if I could acquire enough in-game material (text, images) to fill a book, it would be a more complete tome, containing information on numerous incantations and spells... perhaps a "genre collection" of spells/magicka.

*wheels turning in the brain*

...however, having just played Skyrim for a good three hours straight, my mind is on the topic. One problem (or challenge) is that there's not enough in-game content for each tome to make a complete book. A blank one could be done; I'm not opposed to that. But my heart is set on making a complete book of some kind.

I'm thinking off the cuff here -- if I could acquire enough in-game material (text, images) to fill a book, it would be a more complete tome, containing information on numerous incantations and spells... perhaps a "genre collection" of spells/magicka.

*wheels turning in the brain*

If you start the game over you could make a Day by day diary for the dragonborn and all his quests.

Day one: today i was almost beheaded, but this Dragon came and saved me.

Day 12 Found another cave today....lots of bears and rabbits...Little loot.

Day 38 : Lydia still keeps keeps blocking me in doorways...WTH Lydia?

Day 120: Entered Collage of magic...hours later I'm the headmaster. :):thumbsup

If you start the game over you could make a Day by day diary for the dragonborn and all his quests.

Day one: today i was almost beheaded, but this Dragon came and saved me.

Day 12 Found another cave today....lots of bears and rabbits...Little loot.

Day 38 : Lydia still keeps keeps blocking me in doorways...WTH Lydia?

Day 120: Entered Collage of magic...hours later I'm the headmaster.

:lol Good laugh! And yeah, that's pretty accurate.

The UESP gave me a good place to start looking for material: Category:Skyrim-Book Images - UESPWiki

I've also located several fonts that could be used to generate filler text. What I really need are high-res images, so I'm scouting those out now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back