Lightsabers

Throw a rock in here and you'll hit one. :lol

You need to be more specific, not only with your request, but your thread title. Which character? Which version of said character's lightasber?
The site has a good search function, use it. ;)

I also suggest you introduce yourself to the community here, http://www.therpf.com/f9/new-members-please-introduce-yourselves-here-83912/
You will get better results from the membership if you invest the effort to tell us a bit about yourself.

Also remember that most of the popular light sabers are licensed to different companies to reproduce. So most folks are going to shy away from openly challenging those companies.

On the other hand, there are a number of people who make custom hilts that differ a little or a lot from the canon sabers.

Your best bet would be to check out forums that are specifically about making sabers as that is where you will find the most info on them and who makes them. Here are some links to that type of forum...

Imperial Royal Arms - Home
The Custom Saber Shop Forums
FX-Sabers.com - Index
While some of the above may be true, I'm hesitant to simply point the OP elsewhere.
There is plenty of great lightsaber information right here on the RPF, one simply has to put forth more effort to find it.

My initial post was intended to cultivate a desire to stay here and learn a bit. I could have thrown a bunch of links at the op, but all that would serve to is rob him/her of the satisfaction of discovery.

Last edited:
I am a member of those forums and of here. Those forums are a much better resource for custom sabers, licensed lightsabers and for sourcing "saber smiths". However The RPF is an excellent source for learning about movie replica lightsabers, especially the ones that were made from found parts and that have no electronics.

A forum that specializes in one thing will almost always be a better source for that "thing" than a forum that specializing in many things.

My links will in no way rob the OP of the satisfaction of discovery, at least when it comes to learning about the world of custom lightsabers. In fact, they will do just the opposite.

Last edited:
It's been said already, the answer to your question is this site and others. Depending on the specific saber/style you're looking for will narrow your field. my first impression was that you were looking for copies of an already existing saber? let us know, and welcome to the RPF!

Does anybody know of someone who is AWESOME at making copies of lightsabers??

Look in the mirror. There's nothing more satisfying than holding a saber and being able to say "I made this". Okay, there is, but it's still pretty cool.

Before you decide to throw your money at some fine artisan, maybe it would be worth trying your hand at one or two. It couldn't hurt (barring the possibility of Dremel related injuries) and it might even be fun.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back