Custom Lightsabers

GMB1of12000

Hi every one.

I am planing on purchasing a Saber on couple months,
So i did some research and found a guy on E-bay that sells custom
Sabers. They are not screen accurate but would be nice to perhaps get one of this too. For the price they look great!

Any one purchase from this guy before?
Are they good quality?

eBay My World - saberforge100

Thanks

I would suggest checking out some of the lightsaber forums first before dropping a few hundred dollars (at least) on a saber. There are some good sellers and some not so good sellers. There are also different fan bases for for the most popular options available. I wont discuss that, check the forums and decide for yourself. Get an idea for what is available, what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend. Then you can make an informed decission on what to buy.

Here are some recomended forums/sites.

Imperial Royal Arms - Home

The Custom Saber Shop Forums

FX-Sabers.com - Index

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php

http://www.parksabers.com/

Fantastic guys :)

Thanks for the replies

I will check out the links.
I see that there was a feedback post at the Imperial Royal arms
About this guy on ebay.

I well look farther before I buy from hem.

Thanks

I would avoid Randomsabers.com at all costs.

Randoms Sabers hasn't been taking on any more saber orders for several years now so he's really easy to avoid since one has no choice but to shop elsewhere. I myself though have always loved his work.

Ryan at random sabers is actually a great dude. Last i heard, He lost most if not all the vision in one of his eyes while he was knee deep in orders. So he stopped taking orders all together so he could finish his backlog. I don't think he ever opened his doors after that. This was like 4 years ago now.

I have been researching the types of sabers and I think i will go with the LED version. I see there is what is called a Phase saber that Parks Sabers sell,
What are this and are they the same or beter then the P4 LEDs i see sold by
Saberforge or the Luxeon type I see that the Custom Saber shop sells?

As i am new to sabers I want to know witch is the best and brightest quality.

Thanks

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!! I sadly own one of his sabers and the electronics in it suck, its not very bright and it broke within the first week i owned it, email him and it has been 6 months and still no reply back. i would try ultra sabers i own four of them and they are SUPER bright and great build quality plus customer service is great!

Nowadays when it comes to lighting the blade, there are blades that are lit up using single or multi die LEDs and there are blades that are lit up using an LED string. The single and multi die LEDs go in the saber itself, meaning that there are no LEDs or electronics of any kind in the blade. An LED string blade means that the blade is full of LEDs. Both types of blades use materials to diffuse the light so that the blade lights up well.

Seoul P4s, Luxeon Rebels, LEDEngin 5 and 10W LEDs are all the kind that go into the saber, not the blade. Some of these are better than others in terms of brightness. One of the advantages of a LEDEngin 10W multi die LED is the ability to have a flash of light occur upon impact of the blade when using a soundboard that supports this feature.

LED string blades are the brightest and most evenly lit but are not the best for dueling as it's easy to damage the solder connections between the LEDs. However they can withstand light dueling.

Parks Sabers sabers use LED string blades and do not have sound. Also their hilts are hard to add sound to. Hasbro FX sabers (the ones that are around $120) also use LED string blades but they are not as bright or as durable as Parks but they do have sound.

In the custom saber world, currently the sabers with an LED in the hilt are the most common and what most soundboards support. However there are a few soundboards out there that are designed for LED string blades.

Basically when it comes to purchasing a saber, it boils down to whether or not you want to do a lot of dueling, what your budget is, if you want a custom design or a movie replica, if you want the blade to light up (and how brightly), if you want sound and if you want to be able to add your own custom sounds. It also comes down to if you want to build the saber yourself or pay someone to build it for you.

My advice is to go to the forums that Robiwon linked you to and read, read, and then read some more before asking any questions on those forums. Every question you can think of has already been answered, way more than once.

Fantastic!
You are vary clear on the type of blades.
This helpes me alot on desiding.
I see Ultra Sabers are Amazing especially there
Graflex or ANH style. Also I see that I can actually get
One of this flash guns and have someone convert it.
I will be reading away :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back