Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Yeah Martyn..... What's wrong with Paul's Hatch? Thanks Niels & Fred. Almost there. I never imagined this thing would be this accurate. We have pretty much nailed every kit part and decal. Just a few to go now and this will be 100%. Maybe we should sell our kit list to Martin Bower.:)

Definitely worth the time and the effort the team has put into the Narcissus to get this accurate. I would love to see it in person some day soon.

Rob.... You should come down to Wasmex next weekend. It's the Wa scale model expo.... We have the sci-fi table, but it's everything modelling.. It's at the cannington rec thinghy. I'll PM you the details. We will have a Narc down there as complete as can be.

Paul, I didn't think it was available! It's not permanently attached then? Somehow got that impression when I saw it. Well we should catch up soon anyway, gonna have more bits for you pretty shortly. :)

Paul, I didn't think it was available! It's not permanently attached then? Somehow got that impression when I saw it. Well we should catch up soon anyway, gonna have more bits for you pretty shortly. :)
It is glued in place, but nothing a little persuasion won't undo! :lol

The files for the hatch have been added to the "master set" with the idea that it be part of the acrylic/styrene construction.
If you favor casting it, I can cut you a new copy of the hatch.
Look forward to catching up - more bits would be great :thumbsup

Oh hell no, not if you've already done it - the proper way will be much more fun! I don't even recall why we left it out in the first place. That'll fill the hatch-shaped void in the styrene cutting pattern nicely. :thumbsup

Oh a little bit of good news. Recently unearthed new evidence let me to change the cutting pattern on some kit parts. That in turn confirmed the forward slope of the lower engines which we'd worked out only from photos at first, and the width dim for the central band. Parts fit better and the grown and CNC stuff is confirmed accurate to within a nothingth of a buggerall in those areas. Schweeeeeeet. :)

Recently unearthed new evidence let me to change the cutting pattern on some kit parts. That in turn confirmed the forward slope of the lower engines which we'd worked out only from photos at first, and the width dim for the central band. Parts fit better and the grown and CNC stuff is confirmed accurate to within a nothingth of a buggerall in those areas. Schweeeeeeet. :)
Awesome! :thumbsup
It's amazing how much "new" evidence pops up after 34 years isn't it! :lol

Just thought I'd chime in to say stuff is happening, honest guv'nor. I said I'd post pics on the weekend...I could do but there's just one part left to go - so having the bit between my teeth I think I'm gonna wait till that's done too. SOON...

I've seen em..... It's definitely worth the wait.... I might go play with mine now. I'm gonna pass a few bits over to Martyn to cast so we can speed things up a bit. He's got a tad more time than me at the mo. by that I mean he isn't on call 24 hours whilst doing a regular 60 hr week and have 3 kids and buying a house on the other side of the country and totally re decorating his current house so it can get on the market and ID the remaining parts and finishing off another model for an exhibit this weekend and sign the kids up to another school in another state and organise a loan etc. that's not to say he's not busy..... Just a tad more time up his sleeve.

Last edited:
I have seen the paint-bespattered Mr. Graver and can verify the truth of this claim. :)

Guys we're going to do the underside well as a unit casting with as many kit parts as possible moulded in; plantons in two-sided moulds where the undercuts demand it. No nasty compromises I promise.

I hope this is okay with everyone but you still get the perspex parts if you prefer to roll your own. AND I'm hoping to mould the same set of parts on a thinner backing WITHOUT the well walls, for you guys.

Straw poll: these parts are heavily drilled for whatever reason. I'm guessing there might be people who want them that way, people who want them that way but prefer to drill the parts themselves, and people who want the parts pristine. I'm thinking of moulding the "complete" well as the untouched version, and the "for perspex" thin backing version as the drilled version, since it's "more SS" if that makes sense. Good idea? Stupid anal retentive nonsense? :lol

BTW Simon the moulds I can do but running them I dunno! :eek Might have to rustle up more help for that, we'll see.

Running is no prob..... I can pour a set each night. I just don't have a night spare for the next week or so. Only reason I got this weekend off is because its likely the last Wasmex I can do.

I'm happy if the end result has no nasty ass undercuts or air bubbles in impossible-to-fill areas. Whatever works best, once it's painted...

You may rest assured such horrors are anathematic to me. :lol

Ahh the hell with it. Teaser.

20130917_205814.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back