Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Yeah, that's the Aliens ... The sequel version. Lot a differences in the ship. I have one of those lined up through a member here. Just for comparison mind.

Yeah, I did some reading for my own knowledge. I guess there were three versions? The "hero," a larger sized forced perspective version and then the sequel recreation. And the one on display today is a replica.

Anyway, you can see the Airfix Space Shuttle box in this photo:
smallnarc6.jpg

Good eye mate. Would be good to I'd the part from it. I imagine there would be kit boxes lying around everywhere in that shop. They used a bazillion 8 rads on the Nostromo.

lol, curse you, Craig! I hit the reply button before you posted then got distracted. :p

Hey, division 6, do you recall whether the full list was on Martin's site or only that part?

Nice pic with the lights on. Think I'll light mine. And Maybe kit it if Anyones interested.

Last edited:

Would be nice. There was an A L I E N Narc kit project under way in the UK I seem to recall, anyone know whether that is still happening?

"Maybe kit it"
ARRRGGHHHHH! You had to do that didn't you, how can I NOT now! :)

ok I'm down for the first one!
Actually if even offered a laser cut core kit, with castings of some harder to get pieces, the engines and a decal set, I'd be in.

You could even ask me to do the decals.

lol, curse you, Craig! I hit the reply button before you posted then got distracted. :p

Hey, division 6, do you recall whether the full list was on Martin's site or only that part?

Aside from what I posted the only thing else mentioned was the Tyrell Ford Formula One race car (6 wheels) model and the 1/24 Gemini figure for Ripley with a plasticine head.

Jolten Josie name changed to Miss Piggy

1.24 scale approx 30" long made of Perspex
Finish color - white auto primer
Dirtied up with black powder

Last edited:

More refs here, among them photos of a Bowen studio scale replica displayed in Paris (as part of the Accueil | Les Archives de la Science-Fiction collection). Interestingly, this replica includes the screenused cockpit interior posted at the beginning of this thread :

Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - SHuttle Narcissus Research: Discussion, Pics and Props

Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - SHuttle Narcissus Research: Discussion, Pics and Props

Enjoy !

Fred

Yeah. Cut into three pieces and removed through the underside of the model in order to be sold separately, or so I was told - the original Narcissus is not in safe hands, it seems! Or wasn't at that point, at least. Anyone know more? It would be nice if it made its way in the same direction as the Derelict.

Oh yeah, that thread's got links to the project I mentioned earlier:

http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab196/Narcissusmodel/

Last edited:

Thanks Fred.... Great pix of the Bower model at the sci-Fi museum. It appears that that project was taken over by Pro Mod on the prop summit forum Martyn. That was 2010. Still no sign of it as yet. Same for the Aliens version from Timeslip. Oh well just have to build my own then.

Great shots, thanks for posting. Interesting how different the size/shape of the windows are on that one, compared to the original. I'd still be very happy to have it in my office :)

Me too. The windows are different because the whole front hull is a little shorter and differently proportioned. Even if you are the guy who originally built something, you're not going to copy it perfectly 30 years later unless you have the luxury of indefinite amounts of research time. Martin is a working pro and doesn't have that luxury, so "95% accurate and built by the original guy" has to be good enough.

I can't confirm the kit, since I don't have neither the kit nor scans of it.. but I do see the Airfix-00 Evening Star in this pic

narcissus-part-id-help-pat_lowry_neg-20scans_colour_267.jpeg-99623d1340554128

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back