Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

Re: NARCISSUS Part id help

Love to vague in an ID thead eh Martyn, priceless :lol.

lee

Lee, I know, I know. If I could verify MB published the info himself then I'd just blab, otherwise I'll consider myself bound by what I signed. (I remember being all chagrined to see it posted, but maybe I dreamt it.) :lol But Simon's local, and a mate. I can't stop him from noticing how my stash is stored. :)

I can say this one's not so hard - many repeats on it, and not as many separate kits as you'd think.

Lee, I know, I know. If I could verify MB published the info himself then I'd just blab, otherwise I'll consider myself bound by what I signed. But Simon's local, and a mate. I can't stop him from noticing how my stash is stored. :) I can say this one's not so hard - many repeats on it, and not as many separate kits as you'd think.

No no bud, its all good, cant say its high on a list of want to knows, just makes me chuckle when i see posts, to ID threads, with no ID info contained, just creates me a giggle is all, carry on LOL.

lee

Holy crud, those are new to me, thanks!

OK so listing off what we know from existing IDs, photos of the original and from MB's replica builds:

Tamiya Centurion 1/25 x 2
Tamiya Tyrell 1/12 x 2
Tamiya Tyrell 1/20 x 1
Airfix Vosper MTB x 2
Airfix Esso Tanker x 2
Tamiya 1/35 M16
Tamiya 1/35 Schwere x a stupid number
Tamiya 1/35 Leichter x another stupid number
Revell Gemini (just the pilot)

Martin tells us there are 27 kits needed, so that leaves 18 kits to find.

Copied this off MB's site a few years ago.
Most of them if not all have already been mentioned.

Airfix B-29 w/ Joltin Josie nose art
Airfix Scammell Tank Transporter
Airfix Sam 2 Missile
Airfix SR-M1 Hovercraft
Tamiya 1/35 M16
Tamiya 1/35 M21
Tamiya 1/35 SDKFZ 223
Tamiya 1/35 SDKFZ 263
Tamiya 1/12 P34

I have to say if I had the time I'd love to build this, its a grail in my mind more so than some SW stuff, great work on starting it.

I'll be watching this one :love

I got those pics from a site that has a virtual reunion of the Alien model shop:

Alien

Seven pages of crew photos.

-Mike J.

Copied this off MB's site a few years ago.
Most of them if not all have already been mentioned.

Airfix B-29 w/ Joltin Josie nose art
Airfix Scammell Tank Transporter
Airfix Sam 2 Missile
Airfix SR-M1 Hovercraft
Tamiya 1/35 M16
Tamiya 1/35 M21
Tamiya 1/35 SDKFZ 223
Tamiya 1/35 SDKFZ 263
Tamiya 1/12 P34

THANK YOU, I'm so glad to know I wasn't going insane. :lol So he did go public. I'll post the rest of the list then.

Martyn I see what you mean about that angle.

Yeh man, there's several mistakes people make commonly with this ship. Most common one one is to make the front half too short overall. Next most common is to give it a dip between the front upper hull and the nose. It is almost dead flat in profile.

Does anyone have a good clear pic of the modified "Joltin Josie" logo? I believe it says "Miss Piggy" now. I have a couple but not super clear.

Thanks,
Yeh that's the one I have, from Phil Rae. Like so many pics, if it was 'just a little closer' I'd be able to make out the text :)
I did find this kit (horrible looking) someone is selling ALIEN/S Studio Scale Narcissus  - Narcissus Studio Scale - DreamScheme Studios and they have made the modified decal, using the name 'Margaret Oris' but I've no idea what's really there.

I should try emailing Phil again...

L

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back