"Creature Stole My Twinkie" Gillman WIP

Scuba Bob

This is a Gillman sculpt i've been working on for the past few days. As usual all comments and suggestions are welcome.

DSC_2389.jpg

DSC_2386.jpg

Depending on how happy I am with the final product, I might be reproducing this sculpt in either resin castings or latex masks. If there is demand then definitely.

*subscribed*

This is coming along nicely! love that movie, this guy was my favorite creature!

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)

I did some more work on Gillman this week. Cleaned up the face and began work on the scales of the neck. Here are some pics, tell me what you think. I've decided to do the final product as a 1 piece tin cure silicone mold backed by a 2 piece plaster mother mold.

DSC_2414.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

DSC_2409.jpg

Its not very often that i prefer the remake over the original, but I hav always LOVED this version of gillman the most. Its awesome to see such a talented sculptor put so much time in a beloved classic character.
It is unfortunate that no full costume of the original or a simple mask of the monstersquad version has ever been mass produced. On a side note the main reason of why I wanted to reply here is because I run an a humble (yet growing!) Alzheimers benefit every halloween. This year I wanted to do something cool with the universal monsters. Sadly there arent any lagoon masks or knock offs that have really satisfied me...so im begging the question..are you interested in making a detailed mask based off this bust? Even if its unpainted i wouldnt mind having it as id use it year after year. If you had a fair pricein mind of what you would sell one of these masks for, im definitely interested. Please get back to me! Feel free to pm or shoot me an email My email is everything.else@live.com

Hi thank you for all of the kind words. I have since tore down this sculpt and no mould was made as there wasn't any demand for a gill man mask. I would be able to re-do the sculpt and make a mask as a commission but I dont think it wouldn't be a very affordable option.

Hi thank you for all of the kind words. I have since tore down this sculpt and no mould was made as there wasn't any demand for a gill man mask. I would be able to re-do the sculpt and make a mask as a commission but I dont think it wouldn't be a very affordable option.

That's such a shame! :/ I was able to sell all 5 of the latex masks I made and about 8 foam filled busts of the original creature mask that I sculpted last year at $250 a piece both on eBay and here on the rpf. And that was competing with other original version masks including ones cast from te original movie molds so I'm sure you could have sold some of these!

If you ever decide to do it again ill be in for a cast!

That's such a shame! :/ I was able to sell all 5 of the latex masks I made and about 8 foam filled busts of the original creature mask that I sculpted last year at $250 a piece both on eBay and here on the rpf. And that was competing with other original version masks including ones cast from te original movie molds so I'm sure you could have sold some of these!

If you ever decide to do it again ill be in for a cast!

Ahhh! I wish I would have found this flrum sooner.....yeah i know an entire halloween blog community that ould have paid top dollar for your creation. Im not sure if you realized what awesomeness you have reated haha. Yeah unfortunately i cannot afford the time and cost of what it would take for you to customize a scilpt and build a mask just for myself...but if you ever do it again for the sake of doing it...PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me. If we would have worked out some sort of deal I would not hesitatento even help you locate buyers.

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. I have actually decided to do a v.2 of this sculpt that I'll be starting soon. I just realized that I never posted the completed shots of the sculpt. Here's some finished pics...

DSC_2426.jpg

DSC_2425.jpg

DSC_2422.jpg

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone. I have actually decided to do a v.2 of this sculpt that I'll be starting soon. I just realized that I never posted the completed shots of the sculpt. Here's some finished pics...

DSC_2426.jpg

DSC_2425.jpg

DSC_2422.jpg

Wow i cannot get over how incredible this looks. I can see lotsnof hard work and time went into this. If you do decide to create another version I cannot wait to see it. If you end up taking it a step further and make a couple masks to sell, I will certainly help you spread the word in the halloween community to find buyers...it really shouldnt be a problem in finding any if the price is right. You already have me interested to say the least. Keep us all informed!

Will do, thanks again for the very kind words. I started laying some forms tonight so we'll see where it takes us lol. I'm going to go in a different direction with this one and make it taller and slimmer, make it more true to the "Monster Squad" creature.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back