Spider-Man first costume

SaiTurtlesninja

7579bd21.jpg

After years of researching and studying Spider-Man costume I have finally made spidey suit. What I found is that Peter Parker is a genius! Making suit this complex take alot of math skill if you never sew this material before. Just making the basics pattern is hard and then you get to trun it into the spidey and making sure every lines up correctly.

This suit is base on his first appearance suit seen in Amazing Fantasy #15, Amazing Spider-Man #1 and last seen in Spider-Man Mythos. This why that this Spider-Man costume is red and black and not his traditional red and blue. One of the reason why I decided to make this suit is because it I make a mistakes It won't take away for the accurately of the suit since in Peter first suit he must of made some mistakes.

I was aiming for character accurately for this suit. In order to do so I had to put all of Spider-Man key features which to my knowledge this is the first and only suit with all of Spider-Man key features in it. Which is odd if you think about it. With Spider-Man the only inaccurately you can not get is the fact that you not Spider-Man.

Spider-Man key features #1. 7 pisce suit
Spider-Man costume at the lowest should be in 7 pisce (mask, gloves. boots. pants, shirt). Most people who make spidey suit make them one or two pisce (body and mask). The reason why they do is because it's look better and easyer to make. However one or two pisce suit are inaccurate and impractical for superheros for have. In the comics most superheros like Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man have shirt and pants suits. (Here's one very good reason why shirt and pants type suits are better for superhero. If you had secret identities it alot easyer to go to the bathroom without trying to do your business without takeing off the costume. With shirt and pants suits you can keep your civilian clothes)

Spider-Man key features #2. PUT THE BLOODY HOLES IN THE GLOVES AND YES THIS IS REALLY THAT IMPROTANT TO THE SUIT!
This is the number one key features you really don't see. It's not a hard thing to put in. Just cut a small hole and hem around the hole so it don't get bigger.

Spider-Man key features #3. The eyes.
Most people use white mesh for there eyes because they want a more comic book look suit. I fine this to be farer away for from the comics. White mesh is comfortable, hard to see through, inaccurate and impractical for superheros. However the comic explanation is better. In the comics the eyes are mirror plastic lenses that duel as eye protection.

Spider-Man key features #4. Making sure the webs line up.
This is one of the reason why Spider-Man costume must be home made. All store bought have the webs alreadly out on and because of this the weds don't look good. To get around this finnish sewing up the suit when you are putting on the webs make sure the suit is stretch out to your body shape to get the best result.

Spider-Man key features #5. Putting something on he feel so he can grap.
This go under a rule I have for superhero is DON'T COMPROMISE THE POWERS this is much as a safety rule as a strength rule it also explan why some superhero wear spandex. However for cosplayers this sometime may not be very practical but it will add to the accurately and make it more authentic. Just make this soles of the boots out of a red denim like material.

Spider-Man key features #6. Under arm webbing
This isn't a key features but anyone who put under arm webbing in there suit is awesome.

Spider-Man key features #7. Think like Peter Parker.
When Peter is making his costume he more then likey is making 3 suits are a time. So try to have a budget Peter may have in your mind when making suit and remeber he is genius so you can use a professional qualitie pattern if you want to but try to have all the key features in the suit.

Here a Tip: The blue in spidey suit translate to Navy blue. Because the way the comics describe the way the blue in spidey suit reacts to difference light condition translate in to Navy blue becuause the blue disappear when it dark around it and only the red in the suit is showing. So remeber this rule of cosplay MATCH THE COLOR BUT THE TRANSLATE THE SHADE.

The costume made by me.
I don't own spiderman and disney can go to hell.

c6597632.jpg
1b0519e3.jpg
bspiddfs.jpg
spidffd.jpg
dc8ab996.jpg
7940ee14.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back