Dredd Helmet Build Thread V.2012 (ALMOST FINISHED PICS PG5)

Re: Dredd Helmet Build Thread V.2012

Looks good, I dont think I could put a great big dent in mine lol...I can't make up my mind on doing it dark blue or black, I think it looks blue in the movie but I think a Dredd helmet looks better black, I think Dredd looks better in the comic done black. It looks more badass lol.

nice paint job, looks like he had a small lawmaster accident :) but i'm just not too certain on the colour choice.

i know a lot of the pics are dark and have a lot of filter effects that were added in post production that can affect hue and saturation, but this behind the scenes pic is in fairly bright studio lighting and to my eyes at least, the helmets look black.

Dredd22.jpg

but still, amazing work.

Yeah, I'm planning on making another one after this one. I have a Zombie art show coming up in a October and I wanted to get this one out of the way... There will be blood on this one soon! expect a broken visor on it too! haha

nice paint job, looks like he had a small lawmaster accident :) but i'm just not too certain on the colour choice.

i know a lot of the pics are dark and have a lot of filter effects that were added in post production that can affect hue and saturation, but this behind the scenes pic is in fairly bright studio lighting and to my eyes at least, the helmets look black.

Dredd22.jpg

but still, amazing work.

I think you just made my mind up...I'm gonna do it black, now what red to use lol, I'll be in Halfords for hours.

Right...I am getting the paints for my helmet at the weekend, if I don't **** it up I will put some pics here, I have been thinking about how I want my display of the helmet to look and have made a couple of plaques, don't know if the one I will use will look like any of these, but it gives me an idea, am going to make a stand and clear case too.

DSC05797.jpg

like a boss man!!!!:cool looks friggn insane. Here's my attempt. Havent had a chance to thank ya so thought I would now that ive pretty much finished! Perhaps a lil more weathering but im pretty chuffed. Not entirely accurate as u can see but aint bad for a painting noob.Thanks again dude!

Still a bit of weathering to do but... HOME STRETCH!!!!

63f3870a.jpg

And for fun. :)

bca8ca6a.jpg

I AM THE LAW!!!!

like a boss man!!!!:cool looks friggn insane. Here's my attempt. Havent had a chance to thank ya so thought I would now that ive pretty much finished! Perhaps a lil more weathering but im pretty chuffed. Not entirely accurate as u can see but aint bad for a painting noob.Thanks again dude!

Dude! I love it!!! Now I have to make a black one too.... Haha

Thanks for posting your work here! I love to see my castings ger proper treatment.

Right...I am getting the paints for my helmet at the weekend, if I don't **** it up I will put some pics here, I have been thinking about how I want my display of the helmet to look and have made a couple of plaques, don't know if the one I will use will look like any of these, but it gives me an idea, am going to make a stand and clear case too.

DSC05797.jpg

That just made me blush dude! Lol thanks!

if you don't mind me asking how did you put the dent in the helmet after the mold. Looks awesome. great progress

I slowly heated it with a heat gun until it was a bit soft, then I pressed a small rock onto it and held it there until it cooled.

Thanks

This looks awesome! Might be showing too much nose in my opinion

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back