Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

This is bloody amazing. Are you going by a drawn up plan or just making it up as you go?

What is this ship from and where can I see it in action?

{Edit}

I read your opening remarks on this build and I found out that it is your own design and that you are the sole designer to this build. Perhaps you should when finished get it to a effects and do a short motion picture done.

Allo,

Some very positive quotes from some very talented modellers, it means alot, Thanks you friends.

SO, Onward friends, Onwards?
grin.gif

PIX

I took a Kevlar/Carbon fibre silencer from a 500cc Grand Prix bike, and turned it into an antenna.

And mounted it on the antenna mounts, would make sense, right
grin.gif
Added a Single bristle from a floor brush to make the transmitting filament (blue bit).

Added small assembly to hold additional Antenna points with Short and Long range Filaments.

Made this GPS module (Galaxy Positioning System), then fitted it, then made another.

Fitted a Stabilization Beam and Tail Alignment Fixture.

Made and fitted a Rear Piston Assembly

Turned a deoderant cap, some styrene shapes and a few other bits and bobs into a Micro/Expansive Long Range Sonar Array.

Included a few bike suspention parts in the mix and........Bingo.

Mounted together with main Navi/Com module.

Primer,
grin.gif
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Primer.

Assembled,
grin.gif

Thats as far as i have gotten right now, was to impatient i managed to put some fantastic finger prints on one of the assemblies?
grin.gif

But, anyhoo. Some people have said that it looks so functional, so i think ifinally figured how scratch building works for me, if i can give an assembly a 'Name', it gives me a direction to pursue as far as composition is concerned. Example , Rear Piston Assembly to me would indicate some aparatus that is mobile, adjustable and moveable. To me this is a cylinder, like a shock absorber with some kind of valve assembly, so i have a basic point to start from
grin.gif

Sorry to waffle, but that is how i design all my assemblies i make for the MK.1
grin.gif
, "Does it look like it would work?" That is the bottom line .

Groovy Baby
cool.gif

Gaggles McGee
(Tip of the day, Green Banana'S Tast like S##t)

Your attention to detail is amazing!! Love seeing your progress, this build blows my mind!

You must have drunk up a six pack of Red Bull before you build:eek
Cool and realistic!!

Wow. Amazing detail. All you need to do now is add that hideous stepped nose all the F1 cars are sporting this year. :(

Gob-smackingly epic. Loving following this build and being uber-jealous of your ninja scratch build skills!

The complex details are so beautiful and believable.

You must have drunk up a six pack of Red Bull before you build:eek
Cool and realistic!!

A six pack of Red Bull followed by muscle relaxant for the hands to keep them from jittering. Every new picture I am seeing just looks INSANE (in a good way mind you). Good grief this thing is so detail heavy!

Ello Mates,

Haven't been posting much lately as my PC crapped out with a virus but it's fixed now so let the journey continue....................and...............................there OFF.
PIX
Got a layer of crome silver on the rest of the nav/com sub assembly

Picture213.jpg

Then started the details that will go under the cockpit, i used such things as a bicycle pump holder, card board tubes, drinking straws, various styrene pieces, some fine plastic mesh, a few bike greeblies, a whisky pore spout and my favourite is the worcestershire sauce pore spout and cap antenna i created.

Picture188.jpg

Picture204.jpg

Gave it a shot of primer

Picture206-1.jpg

Picture208.jpg

Then black in the front and crome silver on the back section

Picture211.jpg

Black pastel wash and brown pastel wash then a drybrush with crome silver

Picture217.jpg

Picture222.jpg

Picture224.jpg

And finally a dry fit with the cockpit bubble in position.

Picture236-1.jpg

I have since reduced the size of the detail so it sits further back.
Then i started skinning the underside of the wings, very time consuming and a bit uninteresting without primer but heres one or two quick shots

Picture174.jpg

Picture173.jpg

Thats about all for tonight. Will be concentrating on the back of the wings next
Thanks for stopping by.
Gagsterman

Last edited by a moderator:

This is just astonishing, there aren't the superlatives to describe it, BUT, a word of warning. You do realise that when this is finished, and you turn it on, It Really Will Enter Hyperspace. Just a quick heads up. Brilliant just brilliant

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Thank you so much for the kind words guys it really means a lot to me and as i have said gives me lots of motivation. I have been away from the bench for a week or so because as usual my Mum is visiting from England for Thanksgiving holiday, so the mancave is returned to the guest room for a couple of weeks but here is an update on the stuff i managed to do right before she arrived.
I decided to concentrate on the towing hitch section of the build. I designed an original hitch that would supply movement in all axis relative to the center line, not just in a left/right direction but also up/down and everything in between
Here is a rough sketch of the design

Picture246.jpg

The ball closest to the ship would be held by several pads, some fixed ones undrneath the ball and two on retactable arms on the top. That was the idea, so now to a bit of fabrication:
Made a base from 1mm styrene and attached my detail boxes

Picture248.jpg

Then started the magnetic buffer assembly, this was made from a liquid cement bottle cap and styrene tubing

Picture249.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Then it was the floating magnetic vacuum heads

Picture257.jpg

Picture259.jpg

Picture260.jpg

Picture263.jpg

Picture273.jpg

Then the arm assemblies, this was made from a display support from my ship model and other various styrene pieces and some motorbike forks.

Picture276.jpg

Picture281.jpg

Picture280.jpg

Picture284.jpg

I then concentrated on the support mechanism for these arms

Picture289.jpg

Picture299.jpg

Picture298-1.jpg

This is mainly all dry fit together as i plan to add more details like hoses and wiring and other little pieces, but i'm very happy with them as they do actually work as far as holding on to the ball of the hitch is concerned.
Still have to make the fixed underside support magnetic vacuum heads but now i know what they look like so it makes it easier
Thats all so far, Mum leaves on Thursday so i should have more to report in the next week or so.

Take care

Gag

Gag-san
I was dying to see your updates and my anticipation was not betrayed.
Much more than I expected!
I'm always amazed by your great sense of industrial design.
It looks surely operative in the real outer space for that purpose.

I wish you have a happy Thanksgiving with your family.

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back