Scratch Built Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1 FINISHED.

Re: Scratch Built Red Bull Delivery Ship 3011AD, The Nylon Gag MK.1

This is all just freekin' good. You're really talented, should be doing this stuff professionally.
And btw, my Mrs has same tat as you, but on the top of her arm.

This is an awesome, custom design. I look forward to the finish and I love the directions you're taking with each detail.

GOOD LORD! Love the attention to detail... Do you find it theraputic to put that much detail into your work or is it more by necessity? Either way... AMAZING! :)

Hello RPF Peoples,
Haven't been about much lately, 10 year wedding anniversary suprise party to organize for the wife, great night.

Anyhoo, added some tubing and detail to the inside of the fairings,

Pix

Picture278.jpg

Picture283.jpg

Picture290.jpg

Picture292.jpg

Added air brakes to the out side of the fairings, i also think they can aide on stearing, hey, i'm making this up as i go:lol

Picture300.jpg

Picture320.jpg

Assembled some actuator greeblies

Picture303.jpg

Picture308.jpg

Picture310.jpg

Picture313.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gag

Awesome pictures...

This thing is a piece of art. Most projects I see, I am really waiting for the finished product. In this case, I am really enthralled by every step of the build. Keep up the great work, your talent is inspiring.

Not sure exactly but i started it in October 2011

RPFer's

For the last two weeks i have continued to focus on the external engine fairing details.

I cut various detail stuff from stock styrene

Picture002.jpg

Then added these to the air break actuator assemblies

Picture006.jpg

Added a small external exhaust port

Picture012.jpg

Then i started to scribe panel lines on the bottom half, i didn't know if i was going to panel this with sheet or scribe, i went for scribe, for a first attempt ever, i think its not too bad.

Picture029.jpg

Then i did the top, this didn't go quite as smoothly, this is the best picture i have, you ain't seeing the others, i'm not so good with the curved surfaces, i'm gunna hope that my mistakes are covered by the primer a bit?

Picture039.jpg

Added some external panels to the front and top profile with 1/2mm sheet styrene and a bit of PE

Picture041.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Added more detail with 'T' and 'L' shaped styrene to the inside of these additional external panels

Picture060.jpg

Cut them to length and gave them all a nice taper.

Picture063.jpg

Relined the insides with 1/2mm sheet syrene, filled the corners with super glue and baking soda, sanded smooth.

Picture071.jpg

Added cooling rods to the top inside of the fairing.

Picture073.jpg

Gave them all a chamfer then cleaned them up

Picture076.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Added some edge detail to blend the surfaces

Picture080.jpg

Then started to do the same with the sides

Picture085.jpg

Picture088.jpg

And thats about it, i am currently blending the inside edges with the side cooling pipes using similar detail to the top section

Thank for stopping by
till next time

Gag

Such amazing details. I don't know how you come up with this stuff but keep up the great work!

Looks greta, nice fine detailing as well.

Next time, try to layout all of your scribes first, but I realize you kind-a building as you go.

Well done!!:popcorn

Scott

This is a thing of pure beauty... I, Sir, am BLOWN away! :)

That's really incredible. So much detail on the engines. How do you handle it without breaking the fine wires and greebles? It seems so delicate.

TazMan2000

Thanks for the positive feedback, it really is very encouraging.

So whats been happening, well, Thursday evening i dislocated my shoulder (again, thats 3 times) swatting a fly, so have done a limited amount of work on the MK1 this weekend. But the good news is i am going to have surgery on the 4th of October, that should sort me out a bit. I've already had it done on the left in 2001.

But enough of me grizzlin 'n' moanin, on with the show, PIX

First, let me show you a few pictures of the 95% completed fairings from the video.

This is the outside edge, the picture was taken outside in natural light

This is with the fairings attached to the main body and with the engines and front intakes in position

And the front intake

This is my favourite shot from underneath, this little beast looks like its got a wee bit of power behind it.

And from the front

I then concentrated on the front underside navigation and communications array, this will be under the cockpit in the front

Made this little do-dad but it didn't fit somehow, so i decided it would be useful later on as the laser load guide sensor for the back end of the ship.

Started the navi/com array with my usual tub and a piece from the Federation STAP model

Added wires and other details, trying to make it look feesable and interesting

I love this front radar dish, its made from an eye washer cup with half a toy Darth Maul light saber as the receiver inside

Then a layer of dark grey primer and a top coat of flat aluminium and the two external side pieces that will
(hopefull) intergrate easily into the existing bodywork

And finally with two supports for additional antennas 'n' stuff

And thats where i'm at now, trying to figure out the location of a few more antenna pylons,
cuz you can never have enough antenna's

Thanks for stopping by, as all ways comments welcome

The Nylon Gaggles McGee

YES YES YES this is the kind of work I LOVE to see. Original, well-designed, with an eye for what looks like "real" hardware. Outstanding work!!

Im a Star Wars fans,I dont know this ship but.........wow!! love the details,outstanding:thumbsup

Great density of the details and outstanding design. This is what I call A scratch build!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back