Dredd movie (2012) costume parts identification

Nobby

Sr Member
Hi guys,

I'm planning on doing this costume this year:

Full-Judge-Dredd-Costume-from-Dredd--570x942.jpg

I'll be using this thread to document any found components as and when they are identified.

If anyone has any ideas or can positively identify any components before I do, please feel free to chime in :)

more picures showing different angles would also be wecome :D

anybody got anything?
I'm nearly there identifying the clip pouches, but I'm really stumped as to the base chest/back armor.
maybe it was scratchbuilt????

I've spent this afternoon trawling the net looking at motocross armour, there's absolutely loads that look kinda, sorta but nothing that matches exactly.

I suspect at this stage that perhaps the front/chest part is from military or police body armour and the rear and arms is from motocross kit (obviously adapted for the eagle/bars).

I'll keep on trawling and see if I can't come up with anything more helpful!

Respect
P.

Many thanks for your help P.

I was thinking motocross, too. But cannot for the life of me find it.

I'll keep searching too :)

I'm also trying to track down motorcycle leathers that look similar. I'm almost positive that's what the undersuit is.

I agree with that for sure, I wear leathers that are very similar with the exposed soft elasticy bits.
P.

yeah, me too. That little ventilation saves soooooooo much discomfort! :)
mine are Hein Gericke, but I'm sure there are many more manufacturers that use it.

I have a feeling that this costume is going to be a headache :(

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back