Dredd movie (2012) costume parts identification

I just received my order of two Austrialpin Cobra buckles. I bought one large buckle to match the 2 on each side of the vest and one smaller buckle to match the other 5, 2 on the vest shoulders and 3 on the holster rig.

I plan to create silicone molds and cast each buckle, paint them to match, then slide the buckle over the web strap for effect. The straps will actually attach with velcro. Much cheaper than buying all 9 buckles.

Cast them in Black and count me in for r a set if your castings are up to snuff.

I just received my order of two Austrialpin Cobra buckles. I bought one large buckle to match the 2 on each side of the vest and one smaller buckle to match the other 5, 2 on the vest shoulders and 3 on the holster rig.

I plan to create silicone molds and cast each buckle, paint them to match, then slide the buckle over the web strap for effect. The straps will actually attach with velcro. Much cheaper than buying all 9 buckles.

Technology and Development at the USDA Forest Service
fig037.jpg

jz6vqw.jpg

I bet the battlestar costumers know where to get it.

http://www.scifihero.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t348.html

Last edited:
By the way - bespoke. Isn't it the case that this is when you provide a tailor with your measurements, as opposed to having the tailor measure you themselves (not to mention fitting and altering the garment to you as it is being made)?

I think technically that's the "correct" usage. Could be wrong though.

Interesting article, but there's one other key distinction it doesn't get into, which is the difference between the tailor meeting you and working with you in person and the costumer simply sending or telling a tailor their measurements

It relates purely to the fact that the item is made to customer specifications as opposed to 'off-the-shelf', regardless of whether it's done in person or not

(hence the "spoke" bit)

But the 'spoke' part only refers to past tense of the OLD English usage of the word, meaning "to speak about, or tell of"
bespeak - Wiktionary

If I may interrupt...

Noting a difference in badges between the comming soon poster and the screen used badges...

Coming Soon Poster Badge:

kMO7O.jpg

Screen Used Badge:

bYDaJ.jpg

Differences I see....

• My lady pointed out the beak is slightly different (less "Toucan Sam") - it also extends all the way to the edge
  • Lower Chevron is raised in the poster, sunken in the screen used version
  • Loss in detail in the upper "shield" - it's a solid piece in the screen used versuib
  • Lower wing details extend closer to the edges in the screen used version
  • Screen used badge has a more obtuse angle on the top border

In the coming soon version, my CAD got weird due to the second "D" being of strange proportions. Even after adjusting for the curve that artist added to the badge, that second D is all sorts of wrong upon close inspection.

Over in the JY, MrPinski is offering a badge that looks more like the coming soon poster.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back