Dredd movie (2012) costume parts identification

The FC24B has the general shape but not the correct center tongue of the male buckle. The 24 has a flat meeting point. The Dredd buckle goes up into the female side in the middle. ****** this is turning into 50 shades of Dredd!

HA!:lol
The reason that people in England describe it so is because that is what it means in English!
Now I'm not talking about the version of the language that you use across the pond. I mean ENGLISH. Real English.

You can't just go around making up your own meanings for words :)

Seeking clarification regarding the color. Traditional comic renderings primarily identify the street judge uniform as navy blue, however there have been some black variations. Various released photographs from production of DREDD show the uniform to be blue, while in others it appears black; based upon camera and lighting, etc. I have attached a reference photograph.

If you were to create this movie style uniform, would you make it navy blue or black? Black components would be more easily sourced, yet navy blue seems more appropriate and traditional. Still I would like movie accuracy.

The uniform in the comics has changed colours a lot over the years, sometimes it's black with green or yellow pads, sometimes it's navy blue with the same pad colour variations, sometimes it's very dark blue. All up to the colourist on the job at the time I suppose.
I felt the hit the colour pretty well in the Stallone version, but a gritty serious dredd to me has always been black with green pads

What colour do you guys think the helmet is, black or blue...can't make my mind up from the movie pics, I think Dredd looks better in black.

Its a difficult call to make.
It looks to me like his armour and undersuit are black, but the helmet appears to be a very dark blue.

I contacted Theatrical Shoemakers in London, the company which supplied the boots for the Dredd street judge uniforms. I received a reply from Mr. Alasdair Burroughs who stated,

"I am afraid we can't make these, as most of the boot attachments were provided by the film company, and we are unable to reproduce them."

Bummer...

Where there is a will, there is a way. The therpf.com finds out how to recreate it in our garages and backyards. I have no doubt we can make this happen some how.

I contacted Theatrical Shoemakers in London, the company which supplied the boots for the Dredd street judge uniforms. I received a reply from Mr. Alasdair Burroughs who stated,

"I am afraid we can't make these, as most of the boot attachments were provided by the film company, and we are unable to reproduce them."

Bummer...

O.K. I think Chloe has it right with the back of the buckle being correct. So 2 1 inch for the front shoulders. 3 1 inch for the leg holster. 4 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 for under the arms. ******! Building a vader might be cheaper!

I think imperfections in some costumes make more sense. You want the Batsuit to look perfect. Not Dredd's suit. You want it dirty, bent, cracked, worn. Haha. Ya know? That's just my opinion.

I agree. ^^ I can even imagine the visor has a little wobble.

I love the eagle on Anderson's shoulder:
czLin.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back