Dredd movie (2012) costume parts identification

yeah, they definitely do great work, but they currently don't do the leathers for this cossie :(

Im sure if there was enough interest in this they would re-consider.

To me the new Dredd body armour looks to be some kind of padded Police Riot vest with as you all quite rightly say MotoCross parts added

the Original Stallone armour was made up of Moto Cross parts.

The Boots i would say are Rigger type boots rather than Motocross though, with added shin armour and the knee and elbow pads look to be a nod toward 2000ad armour parts

Ok so i found this Image that clearly shows his Body armour is ontop of what we think are Bike leathers by way of the straps at the shoulders

im tending to lean toward Police Body Armour with perhaps Motocross parts added

the body armour has a zipper up the fron of it too

Most of the buckles seem to be of the COBRA type, at least the ones that can be seen (vest, holster).

You Seek UD replicas (a member here too) for all your bespoke custom leathers
I wish the British would stop using the word bespoke as an adjective meaning "made-to-order" or "custom order"! Virtually no one outside of England uses it for that meaning, so it's very confusing to those of us that live in the rest of the world! :thumbsdown

The reason that people in England describe it so is because that is what it means in English!
Now I'm not talking about the version of the language that you use across the pond. I mean ENGLISH. Real English.

You can't just go around making up your own meanings for words :)

The reason that people in England describe it so is because that is what it means in English!
Now I'm not talking about the version of the language that you use across the pond. I mean ENGLISH. Real English.

You can't just go around making up your own meanings for words :)
We don't have to make up a different meaning for it, the rest of the world already uses it differently than the British, it's the BRITISH that made up their own meaning for it! :p
I'm curious to know what definition YOU would give for the word...........
The standard, NON-BRITISH definitions used by the rest of the world, as listed on Dictionary.Com...
be·spoke

verb

1. a simple past tense and past participle of bespeak.

adjective

2. British
a. (of clothes) made to individual order; custom-made: a bespoke jacket.
b. making or selling such clothes: a bespoke tailor.
3. Older Use. engaged to be married; spoken for.
So, going by the English Language authorities that run Dictionary.Com, it would seem that only the British use the word as an adjective referring to custom-made clothing and sellers of such clothing. The rest of the English-speaking world seems to only use it as a verb under the first definition, or occasionally as an adjective under the third definition. ;)

Now then, back to the topic at hand... I'm anxious to see what develops with the replicas of the new movie's Street Judge uniforms! The officially-licensed, fully CUSTOM-TAILORED (notice what word I DIDN'T use! ;)) comic book version of the uniform is WAY out of my price range... I believe it works out to $4,000 US or MORE! :wacko

My guess is that the body armor is modified from a tactical vest of some sort. Likely Blackhawk, knowing how much gear they send in to Hollywood, and given that it's a zipper front. Not cheap, but possibly a good place to start?

My guess is that the body armor is modified from a tactical vest of some sort. Likely Blackhawk, knowing how much gear they send in to Hollywood, and given that it's a zipper front. Not cheap, but possibly a good place to start?

That had crossed my mind, but I can't find anything made by Blackhawk with the 'armor' attached like that. That's what made me lean towards motocross armor. The search continues..............

The standard, NON-BRITISH definitions used by the rest of the world, as listed on Dictionary.Com...{relating to 'bespeak}

Ah Yes :eek 'Bespeak'. That word frequently used the world over :facepalm :lol:lol (And I wonder what nationality the English language 'experts' at dictionary.com are........)

Something like this could easily be modified with armor. It's fairly cheap, and with the d-rings on the shoulders, would have anchor points for the upper part of the chest armor.

In theory (and this is just how I'd do it), you could do a hollow "armor plate" with MOLLE strapping on the back (like this one - ROTHCO MOLLE MODULAR VEST - BLACK | Rothco), slide them into the vest, lock 'em down, and you've got a one-piece armored chest. Will it be 100% accurate? No, but this piece looks completely custom to me, so that won't be easy to begin with.

Well they are using at least 4-6 "Stubai" Buckles. One on each shoulder, And 2 under each arm. That's over $200 just for the buckles. This outfit will not be cheap......

Last edited:
The "Stubai" Buckles I don't think are that expensive. I got armor for my GI Joe Roadblock costume for about $100 dollars and it had two of those style buckles on it. Since we don't need the buckles to actually climb anything there should be some out there with the look we need.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back