Where can you buy EVA foam sheets in the UK?

airair

Sr Member
i know that you can get some eva foam sheets from coscraft.

But they ran out of 3mm eva foam sheets.

I've looked all over google, and cannot find a single place which offers eva foam sheets for sale in sizes of at least 1m.

If anybody knows where to get some EVA foam sheets let me know please.

i'm after 1mm and 3mm.

thanks

I think you might want to change your thread title a little. A topic like this does not make it necessary to swear. And you posted in the wrong subforum, you might want to familiarize yourself a bit better with the RPF forum structure ;)

sorry for the title, i got frustrated yesterday scouring for eva foam.

ill have to make a foam mallett to hammer over my head.

im just starting to work with EVA, and did a little with plasterzote, i can say they are fairly similar in feel.

for the thickness of eva i would say something in the range of 15mm would be ideal for the base form, thinner foams (that you would get from camping mats) have very little to hold their shape, are very soft, dent easily and their softness makes it very hard to make clean cuts even with a fresh blade. i think the ideal is mats that are used for children's play areas and garage flooring. its more dense and is generally around the right thickness, the only thing you have to watch out for is some will have a tread pattern of some kind for better grip.

i know this is an old thread but seeing as i got here looking for uk eva foam sources i think others may as well

ps. xrobots, love the recent posts on your website about coating foam with resin, and the awesome iron man suit XD

Try these guys http://www.ramfoam.com they are in the Midlands just down the road from me, they actually make the foam on site so it's cheaper.

I have bought plaztazote foam for shipping crates from them, they make it to order, usually 1x1m or 1x2m sheets.

Jon

Thank you for this link! I found this shop before, but couldn't find it again when I actually needed it.
PS. All your projects are awesome!

Try www.poly-props.com

Really nice company to deal with.....

They have 3-4 types of foam available

Craft Foam : 2mm, 5mm, 10mm - all 2mx1m Similar to floor mats but perfectly smooth both sides and works out cheaper even after postage. 10mm is just £7 per 2mx1m! They have black and white!
CF65 same sizes as above- Much denser than the Craft Foam great for bigger builds as its harder. (More expensive but worth it)
EVA - Is what it is! Heat Forms a bit better but other than that would go with CF65 or the CF100
CF100 (If you ask as they don't sell it on the website, not sure why) This stuff is the hardest foam (and heaviest) I've seen. So dense & so smooth you can actually carve details into the foam with ease using a dremel. A Cosplayer was using it to produce this.....
Sword.jpg

I can recommend our PE30 EVA foam or PE45 closed cell foam online for Cosplay. We have these available in 2m x 1m sheets. Equally, if you are looking for a foam with a coarse cell structure (for detailing, etc.), there is PEM30-X. All three foams have a closed cell structure, of a similar mid-range density and suitable for cosplay.

(Please visit our shop on www.foamrite.co.uk to view these products - the links keep on breaking! Please advise if you know why this is?)

We are looking at introducing a PE45 EVA cosplay foam to our online store, which will be ideal for cosplay/ foam smiths. We are aware that 45kg/m³ density foam is a suitable density for fabricating, and is opted for by many. As well, many choose foam with EVA additives - as this makes the foam more elastic.

For an example, here is our company Iron-man made for by one of our cosplay customers using PE30 EVA! :)
Ironman Cosplay made from coloured PE30 EVA polyethylene (closed cell) foam.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back