V Visitor Laser Gun Replica Prop - Idealized Version - Development & Improvements

Very cool. This gun was up there with the lightsaber as far as weapons I fantasized about as a kid. When I finally found a replica I could buy, I was highly disappointed.

Sneak preview from the 3D rendering:

VVistorLaserGunPreview.4.png

VVistorLaserGunPreview.5.png

Enjoy.

Have some updates and a question:

VVistorLaserGunPreview.12.png

I do believe the sculptor intended to do both sides the same way, but he did not do it. I replicated the right side, from my point of view of course:

VVistorLaserGunPreview.13.png

Since I am doing a better job than this guy, and since I am using a CAD program, I can do it symmetrical, or replicate the same design flaw. What do you say? Do you notice the difference right?

I think I would prefer symmetrical beyond any glaring differences (like a switch on one side but not on the other etc...)

If it's close on one side and slightly different on the other, could be the maker was rushed to get it done.

I like the right image (#2) as it has bigger detail.

great work!

to finish the gallery i add this picture of my collection o v-pistol
the white version is the cheap (around 40$) sold by coolmodels ebay seller. Maybe another variant of the serie.

ebay sellers comparison

034rv.jpg

pdvd357.jpg

herovisitorblasterandho.png

herovisitorblasterandho.png

175zt.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos, thanks for share.

Today's report:

VVistorLaserGunPreview.17.jpg

VVistorLaserGunPreview.18.jpg

VVistorLaserGunPreview.19.jpg

And since I am entering pre-Celebration VI arragements trip, will be doing a hold on this project. Will be returning to this from time to time until Sep 3.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back