V Visitor Laser Gun Replica Prop - Idealized Version - Development & Improvements

I want to echo Macrossmaster's comment. Don't quit. I've held a Katarra gun in my hands and have been disappointed at the quality. What you are doing is what several people have wanted for a long time (myself included). Your pistol looks beautiful. Seriously. Sound effects or not. Safety switch on the left or right, whatever. It looks clean and straight. Don't give up!

OK, as I told you before, I decided to continue with this project. Will improve my later design to make it screen accurate. So far, those two pistols are the only ones identified from the TV show:

V1 photos by sawduster:
VVisitorLaserGunV1Collage.jpg

and

V2 photos by Murphy38:
VVisitorLaserGunV2Collage.jpg

They have small differences, but the overall look is OK and quite similar. Posted cause, IF there is a hardcore collector that has another version, I would like to chime in here. I would hate to miss another detail or believe they were from the show and ended up working with some fan made replica. If everybody agrees to incorporate all the improvements to my model, I will put some prices and options in the INT thread.

OK, thanks to the members that sent me photos, I was able to create a sample skeleton:

0.png

1.png

My first estimation was length 30 cm by 14.5 cm of height. Don Coleman is 31 cm x 15 cm. Will be starting from here, but If somebody could provide me with the real measurement from the screen used one, I will be able to enlarge it. In the other hand, could take some time to build the entire 3D model from the photos I have.:)

Following this with glee! Have never cared for any of the vendor resin kits, none of them look good. Would love to have a nice gun to go with my V Security outfit!

Thanks. Working against the clock to finish the new model. Doing the 2D modeling right now. Let me tell you that Don did a wonderful job with that photo. Most of the details were really close. Screen used one in the other hand will take a lot cause It is not symmetrical, so I will have an extra job for some parts that after just duplicated and mirrored.

Welcome to the world of props. Nine outta ten times, the fan made pieces blow away anything used on screen. Sad, but true fact. Looks awesome, by the way.

One thing I've learnt with you (from all your other props etc) is your super high attention to detail and overall quality.

I would have complete faith in all your decisions.

Daily report:

VVistorLaserGunPreview.3.jpg

From here I am going from 2D to 3D easily. But have to guess or estimate some measurements. Keep you posted as usual, and as usual, any feedback will be welcome. Easy to fix now than in 3D mode.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back