V Visitor Laser Gun Replica Prop - Idealized Version - Development & Improvements

Holes at the front of the grip, perhaps, near the bottom so the fingers won't muffle when you grip it? They wouldn't be that obvious, and the speaker could be mounted down there. Means the back of the blaster will still be clean and pretty. Just a thought.
I'd be interested in one of these too, btw!

You mean like this?

0.png

PS: I do believe, that this way, when the prop is at display, you will notice the holes.

This way, with the holes at the back, your fingers won't muffle them and at display won't be noticeable:

1.png

Last edited:
I was going to suggest a few thin slits to fit in with the handle near the bottom, but I like your idea better with the holes on the very bottom.

I would have been happy with just one that lit up, but sound f/x are a bonus!

could you please put me down for 2 guns instead of one. A friend who
is into V but isn't a member here would like one too.

Done, and yes, I do believe the FX will be a great bonus. If I am doing the effort to install a light, why not pushing it a little but more. I even found an electronic board that will do both at the same time by around 26 dollars.

Just checked it. Too expensive when you can buy a sound module for 7 dollars on eBay and plug your mini SD card. Since I won't be wiring anything, you can install whatever you want inside. Just thought that using an open hardware project will be more suitable for everybody here. I am open to any other option.:thumbsup

I was going to suggest a few thin slits to fit in with the handle near the bottom, but I like your idea better with the holes on the very bottom.
After looking at the model, I realized that 1mm holes will be a pain in the a.. for the mold. So I made them of 2mm and added a few more. Will be posting the final model today.

Holes at the bottom look excellent. I don't know if the original had any texture there, but maybe putting a bit of a texture of some sort (random leathery sort? tiny diamonds?) would further camouflage it.

I hate to burst your bubble here, but the pistol you're working from is the first variant of the gun I made in the 80's. I made three versions of the pistol, you have the first variant, it has a safety on both sides of the gun as the only photo I had was Marc Singer holding one and I could only see the right side so I made both sides identical.

Later I changed the left side once I saw other photos. The third variant was done after I acquired a copy of the gun used on the series. In each case the master was altered to reflect the changes and then molded. I sold several of each variant at conventions in those days.

Sorry the copy you have is crooked and wanky. If the piece on the back of the pistol is a glued on piece of acrylic then it is a gun that I made. If that part is part of the casting then it's a recast. The first variant also had a larger acrylic rod, 5/8, later I changed to 1/2".

I have heard that my guns are original studio guns, it is possible that some of the guns I made may have gotten to the studio and used as several of the actors attended conventions I was at and may have acquired one for their personal use. Robert England saw one of mine and asked how we got one from the show, then paused and remarked, "No, these are better"

I also was the person making the holsters back in the day and plan to make a new run of them as soon as I am finished on my current project.

Found an online copy of the photo I worked from:

v_9998_9.jpg

Last edited:
Those are indeed, sad news. First of all, because I was told this resin kit was from the very same TV show molds. The acrylic part was cast in the process, so I do assume you did my pistol and you are Katarra8s supplier then. It means someone is very confused about the origins of this prop. And If you are claiming you did this, well, the ball drops in Katarra8. :confused I got that image, the first one I posted from a website that believes that this one was used on the show, as well the second version.:unsure

Second, It sucks cause I have been working on this for almost 3 months right now, and I will really hate to drop this project. :facepalm But, as you stated, this prop never was used on the show, which is really logic since I was never able to get a screen capture from the series with one of those pistols on screen. It is really sad, but I really appreciate your honesty here.

What do we do now?:confused

Don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to quit, just that the model you're using isn't what you thought it was. I can scan in a copy I have of a castng from the show if you'd like to try and get yours more accurate to what was used in the series. Keep in mind that the propmaker at the studio probably had only a week to make the original and mold it and make copies. That's all the time I ever got working on Trek for nine seasons. The copy of the pistol I made I did over several weeks trying to keep all the lines straight and clean. Mine was/is much better than the ones on the show.

You'e pretty much on the mark with what you're doing and I'd like to see you finish.

BTW, I'm not making the pistols Katarra8 is selling, I haven't made any in several years. I did make the holsters she recently sold, they were identical to the ones I made years ago; well maybe a little better:)

Last edited:
Well, don't know about you, but I feel like scammed. Not by you, of course, but I trusted in what I read in a couple of websites, and even the seller who sold me the gun. I invested a lot of time and effort doing this what I feel I don't have the strength to start over again. What can I learn from this? That I have to trust more in my feelings. I knew something weird was going on on that gun, but I saw and read a lot of guys telling this was a series one used, that I relied on that. I am a true V fan. I am even supporting VisitorAlliance.com.ar even when the admin and co-admins abandon it. I posted about this in 4 different forums including this one and everyone believed that one was screen used one. Nobody's fault but mine. I should know better. What can I do from here?

1-Move on with this model and finish it.

Now that everybody knows that the gun was not based on a screen used one, who would want to grab one of these? I am so pesky about screen accuracy that I would not do it.

2-Start over again, based image references from the only model I know IT should be a screen used one.

This will take me even longer than 3 months cause I will have to re-scalate everything and estimate every measurement from an image, that won't make the pistol screen accurate enough for my taste.

3-Try to grab a screen used one and start all over again.

Expensive and near impossible these days. Again 3 or more months or work, given that I don't have the real deal.

4-Sand, fill and finish the resin kit I got from known eBay vendor and move on with my life knowing that the gun is just a good fan made pistol from the '80. No offense Don.

Wanted to let you know that Don saved me a lot of money, and saved my reputation too. I don't want anybody thinking that I was trying to scam or fool anybody. Being from a third world country makes people think we are doing monkey business all the time. I know, cause I know some local prop makers and I hate the business practices. Hope you understand how pissed off I am. Angry and sad at the same time. Mixed feelings.:unsure

Will post latest mods I did about the speaker outlet, cause I don't want to waste a good idea: A few more holes about 2mm in diameter each.

0.png

1.png

At this point, I won't be doing more mods to the model, cause I spent a lot of time already. Will try to solve this puzzle. If anybody have anything to add, be my guest.:cry

PS: If anybody wants to help me with option 3, even borrowing me the gun for a while, I offer two finished pistols to that member.:love

Did you get that one from Katarra8?? That's the issue.. LOL.. I have a full size resin one, which I believe is one of the first replicas..

visitorfullsizeresinbla.jpg

I don't have my camera at present, but in about a week I can take more pics of it for reference if you like..

Thanks guys, but I do have a lot of image references from both sides:

VVisitorsScreenUsedGun1.jpg

VVisitorsScreenUsedGun2.jpg

But few from front and back:

VVisitorScreenUsedGun3.jpg

and you can see a blueprint from the last one. I even asked Kenneth about that blueprint. He did not know where ended up anyway.:unsure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back