"Captain America, how exciting!" TWS TFA Rescue USO and Ultimates WW2

Re: "Captain America, how exciting!" TWS concept and TFA

Sounds like a great reason to have a custom set of leathers made. :thumbsup

Oh I've looked into it! Too bad I don't have the $$ for it... And a part of me would like to make it myself. Sooo.... IDK.

Know what you mean about making it yourself.

I'm guessing you have seen the Avengers style motorcycle jackets on ebay.
With some modifications they could be really nice except for the center pull zipper...to bad it isn't off to one side.
My biggest worry would be the blue pants.

Too bad Colombia, Mexico or Korea aren't more convenient, had some excellent custom work done years ago. Sometimes it takes two tries and importing the exact fasteners you want.

I would love to have my Ultimates jacket as a padded motorcycle jacket. Then replace the blue EMT pants with a blue pair of WW2 paratrooper pants.
Because, finally have conditional permission to buy a bike:eek and I found a WLA-45:thumbsup ... now I just need to move the Misses to Europe.

Yeah I've seen those. They're ok, but not great, so I'm not sure.
I'm still very much in the wishful thinking stage of this endeavor so I've got time.

I think you mentioned in Chris's thread that you had templates for the shoulders and such. Would you be willing to share those? :D

Here is the 'pattern' I made for the shoulder with rulers for sizing.

This is the left side. Please flip for right. Also there is a 45 degree cut on the back not shown on the pattern but visible on the finished suit.

A good source for the rest of the TFA suit is the PDF version of the auction catalog.

Fire away with any questions, I hope that the prior photos of the build help.

Last edited:

Fantastic! I found the auction catalog as well so I'll start looking at stuff asap.

I've found some fabric online that looks similar to the pants/coveralls you used for your outfit, could you tell me what you think of them?

Herringbone Suiting- Gray & Basic Apparel Fabric at Joann.com

Mood Fabrics : New York Fashion Designer Discount Fabric | FW11789C Gray Blue Herringbone Suiting

The pattern doesn't seem to be as contrasting as yours is, but I figured it might work.

They look good. Wish they had been available or perhaps I was poor in my search.

Do you plan to re-dye the fabric? Polyester may not take the dye.
Really like the look of the wool. Very minor point but the wool is safer if there was a fire. Only draw back is dry cleaning unless it can be hand-washed in cold water.

I'd get a sample of each to test dye and washing.

Chris, Mike or SG Morton will have to recommend how fabric is required for a scratch suit.

Hold up a second, you found a WLA-45? As in, a Harley Davidson WLA-45? Where on earth did you find my dream bike, and did it cost as much as I think it did, or is it a basket case?

Doesn't cost as much as you think because it is a basket case.
She is a custom build kick start H.D. 1977 Sportster and is missing a few bits.
Sadly and biggest being the Thompson case on the front but then I sold my nonfunctional M1A1 about two years ago.

Edit: Also I don't own it, yet. The deal is No Europe No Bike. Wife was worried she would have returned from her last trip to find a 'new' bike under the house. I should have got it but at the time I would have to give up the jeep and receive quite a lecture... That is because the bike would take the place of the coffee table in the living room, as if I would leave it under the house.

Last edited:

*drools* I'd do shameful things for a WLA-45. I think it's time to move to Nevada. :D

It has been a busy weekend up to this point and it is only half done.
Two appearances as the Cap over two days so I hope to finally have some decent photos for the showcase.

Just got the photos up from this weekend in the Showcase.

One thread was a long awaited request, so I hope you enjoy.

So I found something that might be an interesting base for a shoulder piece for TWS capt. or other heros/costume with shoulder armor.

brine12_LSPTRL2_main.jpg

It's lacrosse shoulder padding. That particular one is actually a liner that goes under the pads.

To attach the two pouches on the map strap for the TFA Rescue Web gear....
[url=https://postimg.org/image/3oorjy5y1/][/URL]

Partially remove the strap from the pad on the map strap, feed the free running end through the loop on the back of the pouches, and back through the strap pad.
[url=https://postimg.org/image/hv4if61dl/][/URL]

I have the top metal loop on the pouches routed around the strap and into a loop on the pad, then the free running end is rolled up and stuffed in the top pouch.
It took a couple of tries to get it to look right.

Last edited:

I think its time I actually post my questions now vs email so hopefully someone else can gain insight for your time! I have to ask but having read your section for weathering the leather jacket, how would you then try to apply 'damage' to it to appear burned and torn?

Captain-America-and-Bucky.jpg

Would it be advisable to get a leather dye in a black/darker brown color and build the area up, almost like reverse highlighting? I've never dyed before so I'm hesitant about trying to get the rest of the jacket just right like you did on the 5th page here. My jacket is a bit darker, but hopefully these pics give you an idea for what I have and maybe suggestions for what I should do next.

20130618_081151.jpg 20130618_081200.jpg 20130618_081128.jpg

And as always, love your craftsmanship.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back