Possible SE Michigan Prop Party

Considering most props we collect have to do with guns or edged weapons, as long as the churches are fine with bringing that kind of thing into their building, see what happens.

COME ON PEOPLE, WHO'S INTERESTED IN A MICHIGAN PARTY? Summer is comming and well if it is a great day out there is no reason a party cannot be held in a park, I mean come on, is there an interest in this or what? I live in Lansing and there are plenty of parks here. lets get an interest going in this thing - suggestions - whatever. If It is held in a park we can BBQ, pot luck it, bring the kids and have a good ol' time. Tables will not be a problem as they are already in the park, so who's with me on this? If I can get an idea of how many people are interested I can choose a park - only a few people I can look at the smaller parks, a lot of people then I have to look at parks with large parking lots. Then we can hash out a month June/July/August then a weekend, although I am partial to a July date.

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care how great the weather is, I wouldn't display my stuff outdoors unless a tent was provided.

I think any good location for a prop party is going to cost money / connections.

Also, the phrase is "a lot," not "alot."

I might come, I'm 30 mins from Lansing, it just depends on how many trekkies are there! I dont have any original props and have just started doing replicas

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care how great the weather is, I wouldn't display my stuff outdoors unless a tent was provided.

Juno: With all the great stuff your brought to the last party, I cannot fault you for prefering to display your stuff indoors. Even a tent might be risky, though.

If somebody gets this party going, I'll make sure to swing by and say "hey", even if only out of morbid curiousity to see how an "outdoor" venue works out.

My guess is the only way to make this happen is for someone who really wants to see it occur to go ahead and announce a time and place. See who and what might show up. If you build it... will they come? Does fortune favor the bold?

J.A.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been meaning to call a few places but i have been busy but this week i will make some calls

Last edited by a moderator:
Well The Grosse Pointe Warmemorial said we could use the ball room they have there it will cost a total of 400 dollars to rent i will find the total number of people we can have there

I wil find out how many people total we can have in the ball room and its a very nice place. So i will find out when we can use it. and what we can

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back