Three Legs are better than Two

Got the ball and socket joint done in one of the three 'dimples': two simple push-moulded 'cups', and a 40mm acrylic bauble:

IMAG0310.jpg

I've had to order some more baubles, and some M1.6 dome nuts and bolts to hold them all together, should have them all rotating nicely by the end of the week.

Today, I hope to start on the heat ray...

Brilliant. Are you putting any windows or porthole type things in Doctor ?
Pot Noodle, food of the gods (and model builders).

Very cool! When the details are coming on, you can see what a great design it is. Well done on both design and work!

I would have imagined the engine(s?) detals for the legs being bigger, like half the body?

Brilliant. Are you putting any windows or porthole type things in Doctor ?
Pot Noodle, food of the gods (and model builders).

Thinking of having hemispherical hatches at 30º to the guns, with viewing slots.

Very cool! When the details are coming on, you can see what a great design it is. Well done on both design and work!

I would have imagined the engine(s?) detals for the legs being bigger, like half the body?

Glad you like it! As for the engine size, well, the good thing about back-engineered Martian tech is its so mysterious and powerful, and completely made up! ;)

Meanwhile, a possible heatray:

IMAG0311.jpg

Made from the offcuts of the push moulded sockets, and a lid from a disposable insulin syringe.

:)

It looks more and more like it walked off the pages of the old 30s Scifi pulp magazines in the golden age of scifi.

Such a cool originl build!!.. I subbed as soon as I saw that staircase:D... This is really inspirational work. I love the rib and rivet design.

I wouldnt go too mad with viewing holes as it would take from the sleek style of the dome

Glad you like it, and thanks for the nudge!

Finally had some time this weekend to get on with it a bit more, added some rivets, fitted the other two weapon ball joints, and added three hatches:

IMAG0370.jpg

The hatches will all hinge upwards, so you can see the interior, each one will either be a gunner, pilot or Command area, and a passing German tank driver shows where they will stand:

IMAG0368.jpg

In the meantime, I've found an affordable etching company here in the UK, but their minimum size is A£, so I've been working up a lot of extra artwork to make it worth my while!

:lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back