TRIGUN Vash's Long Colt .45 *FINISHED*

Re: TRIGUN Vash's Long Colt .45 WIP

Got everything primed and first coat of silver paint. It's amazing how the flaws show up in the silver, YIKES!! but still not bad for my first gun build ever! gonna smooth some stuff out and re-coat. here's some pics
7568520350_2fa95934b0.jpg

the engraving showed up!!
7568521264_7c25d6a171.jpg

7568522226_c3a4187a3c.jpg

still have some work to do but it's getting closer!

She's done!!! I spent the last few days touching up the pain and getting it nice and smooth (well as much as I could) and once everything was primer'd, painted and clear coated, I moved on to assembly. The last piece to be made was the connecting bolt for the two halves of the gun. and it fits like a glove!! ok ok here she is in all her glory!! ENJOY!!

7593632050_f3508e4955.jpg

open position
7593631018_4afa7e46c5.jpg

open with the chamber removed. showing the fake bullet shafts.
7593629826_9c0af75334.jpg

close up of the finished detailed engraving "45 LONG COLT *AGL* ARMS FACTORY"
7593628620_f110a37911.jpg

here's the finished stock with a flat black with clear coating for shine. also shows the functioning latch mechanism.
7593627224_38ebfe7c6b.jpg

I cast a thick rod out of resin for the bolt and cut out the slots with the dremel.
7593625972_843659c491.jpg

my son here is showing the barrel shaft and how the chamber looks from the front. (he really really REALLY wanted to hold it haha)
7593624776_8f27223751.jpg

view down the sights
7593623440_17ea121ec2.jpg

I hope you guys have enjoyed watching this build as I had doing it. This is officially my first COMPLETED prop (I have several others started haha)
I'm so excited at how well it turned out. I know it could always be better and maybe someday I'll revisit it when I get a little better at this. Any way Thanks for the encouraging words and for reading my silliness.
THANKS!!
Chris @ Superfreak1000Props

Hey, great job! Looks awesome, and just in time for the con! Woot!
Hey thanks man!! Yeah I'm pretty stoked that it's done a couple days early too, this gave me time to work on the rest of the cosplay accessories. Here's a couple pics of me with everything done!

7600895202_c2db60188d.jpg

kinda blurry but you can see the knee caps in it.
7600894062_304ce434c6.jpg

I'll have some much better pics after the con!

Hey man,

You did a great job with that gun. What did you do about a holster? I have a replica and have been trying to find a holster for it. Also Where did you get that jacket from? It looks really nice. It has much more detail then mine that is for sure.

Thanks man! the holster I made from leather that I picked up from my local Tandy Leather store, I used a thick piece that I roughly cut in the shape of the gun (allowing for room to move) then hand sewed it together. Cut from one piece and folded over. Then soaked it in water over night then wrapped the gun in plastic (so it wouldn't get water damaged) and then put it in the holster till the leather dried and hardened. worked nicely.
The duster I purchased from another member here in the JY. I've seen others on ebay but they just didn't look the way I wanted. This one is probably the best one I've seen. I did some alterations on it myself, separating the middle panel and moving straps from one sleeve to the other. The tag on the jacket says MetroGeist.
Thanks for reading!

Hey man,

You did a great job with that gun. What did you do about a holster? I have a replica and have been trying to find a holster for it. Also Where did you get that jacket from? It looks really nice. It has much more detail then mine that is for sure.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back