Black Panther

Pretty sure the eyes are for practical purposes and being fixed in post like with Spidey and Deadpool.

Pretty sure the eyes are for practical purposes and being fixed in post like with Spidey and Deadpool.

The promo pics from Entertainment also feature this helmet. And when they publish promo pics in a magazine, they are always the finalized look (photoshopped wires, visible seams, etc).

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 2.42.55 PM.png

And sorry but I can't just help but think of this everytime I see it.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 2.51.16 PM.png

Last edited:
This picture was also in the EW article. Maybe there are different masks in the film or who knows what the reason is for the differences. Guess we'll just have to wait and see when the movie comes out. Anything else is just pure conjecture.

BPMask.jpg

I'm guessing he starts with the CW suit - given that you can see the chest pattern on the picture with the original helmet design is not the same as the standing picture

3GGbNYQ.jpg

I think the helmet looks awesome in Ryan Meinerding's concept art. The eyes are sleek, the nose looks like a cat's nose, and it has an obvious frown. However, I think these details got lost in translation with the practical suit, particularly the eyes and the frown. The bottom half of the mask is a different material than the rest, breaking the facial features and hindering the ability to register as the mouth that the original concept had.

Well you can color me impressed! I didn't like the new mask at first, but it appress that it GLOWS in the movie just like the comics, and the eyes look much better in this promotional art. I wonder if they've been shown much larger on the practical suit because they may be expressive like Spidey and Deadpool...? I'd prefer if they weren't expressive and just stayed looking like they are in this poster, but the fact that his suit glows is insanely cool and I'm a much bigger fan of it now.

IMG_6709.JPG

Well you can color me impressed! I didn't like the new mask at first, but it appress that it GLOWS in the movie just like the comics, and the eyes look much better in this promotional art. I wonder if they've been shown much larger on the practical suit because they may be expressive like Spidey and Deadpool...? I'd prefer if they weren't expressive and just stayed looking like they are in this poster, but the fact that his suit glows is insanely cool and I'm a much bigger fan of it now.

View attachment 745592

I hope they're not expressive, but I do like THIS look instead of the huge eyes. Hopefully they CG them to appear smaller.

That is one hell of a poster! I love it!

Not really been that interested in watching this, or Black Panther as a character. Where would anyone recommend I start reading up on the character? It's a completely blank slate for me.

Not particularly keen on the poster but that trailer was awesome. Was already looking forward to it and now I'm hyyyyppeeeeee. Ryan Coogler ftw!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back