Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

have you thought of putting servo's in the helmet to make the visor raise up?

I have worked with servos but the truth I havent even thought bout it cuz I'm putting all effort in building it first and showing what I can do with foam. Mayb, mayb not we'll see when its completed.

Well when I saw Xrobots tut it gave me the idea to to coat it pva first and couldnt find none locally so i substituted it with modpodge and took a chance coating it with rondo and it worked. It is not smooth on 65 d. I never tried that stuff but I give credit to him for helpin me come up with my idea and rondo is bondo and fiberglass resin mixed to more liquid form. I try not to use just plain bondo cuz it might crack i just coat it enough to sand smooth hope that helps

I use rondo and fiberglass for my captain america mask if you want really thin and really strong go with fiberglass resin and fiberweave cloth.

IMG_00660.jpg

IMG_00665.jpg

IMG_00671.jpg

IMG_00673.jpg

I use rondo and fiberglass for my captain america mask if you want really thin and really strong go with fiberglass resin and fiberweave cloth.

IMG_00660.jpg

IMG_00665.jpg

IMG_00671.jpg

IMG_00673.jpg

I see yours is from a mold. My process is for foam building and when coated with rondo its still strong but has some flex to it and no need for fiberglass cloth. Thats more for the paper peping but good job.

I see yours is from a mold. My process is for foam building and when coated with rondo its still strong but has some flex to it and no need for fiberglass cloth. Thats more for the paper peping but good job.

yes mine is a mold what is paper peping??? im only familure with fiberglass as I worked in a bodyshop when I was yunger.. please excuse my ignorance..

yes mine is a mold what is paper peping??? im only familure with fiberglass as I worked in a bodyshop when I was yunger.. please excuse my ignorance..

No problem, its called paper pepakura. There are many threads showing builds using a program called pepakura designer. You print out whatever template your building cut it out and fold and glue for like forever. Thats why lots of people started doing foam builds cuz time consuming and less of a pain in da arse. I dont know who started it but the first one I saw was Stealth and he has lots of tutorials on paper and foam building you should checkout. With your backround in autobody(as do I) it should help you build a really cool suit. hope that answers yr questions.

I was hoping to paint arm but you guys know how that goes lol but heres some pics of of when I just applied rondo on forearm and it levels out as it cures and some more pics of arm primered and just little more touch ups still needed before paint also shoulder has one coat of rondo. Just remeber I just threw it on and being held by tape thats why unfinished back was barely hangin on lol...enjoy ;D

Great job Doc

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo, update one arm painted up w/pics

finally got one arm practically finished. Just need upper forearm and inner elbow. My suit will show no skin without the use wearing spandex suit underneath. Me and spandex dont get along :lol anyways hope ya guys like it

Just a small update, almost done with hand. Had to take break eyes goin cross eyed lol. Another update comin with some more pieces coated and painted.

HOLY COW. :love

BTW, what's Rondo? Is it available in the U.S.?

Hey, what are you using to cover up your wrist between the glove and forearm? It looks pretty good.

Oh my lord that looks awesome!!! Great job man!

haha thanks propnoob, also your warmachines looking awesome :)
Hey, what are you using to cover up your wrist between the glove and forearm? It looks pretty good.

thanks man, I just wraped piece of foam around wrist for snug fit, put some velcro to have it removable, dremeled lines into foam, plastic dipped and painted. Pretty simple but makes it flow together better.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back