Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

Can you show us how you attach the back of your helmet ? What kind of magnet did you use ?

I tried to do something similar but the magnet I bought weren't strong enough -,-

Well I decided to make my own thread to put updates of my armor and its my first ever lol. Anyways Its Darksides 501st design. Its awesome check it out...http://www.therpf.com/f24/darkside501sts-iron-man-mk-vii-pepakura-files-139470/ Im using 3mm EVA foam and I seal it then coat it wit rondo. If your intrested in coating yours heres how with Xrobots method http://www.therpf.com/f24/how-plastic-coat-foam-costume-pieces-146539/ I have more pics there of my helmet to check out. I work alot so its kinda slow build but when I do I'll make sure their worth takin a look at. Any questions or comments welcome and hope you guys like it :)

WOW nice build!!!; oh wait!!! Man those boots are sick, how did you made them :confused, I'll bet a ton of people here would love to see those closer....Awesome

WOW nice build!!!; oh wait!!! Man those boots are sick, how did you made them :confused, I'll bet a ton of people here would love to see those closer....Awesome

Thanks, and with the boots I didnt like the cover over the shoe look reminds me of snow boots anyways decided to build boot out of an old pair of shoes i never used and went to town on it

With the rondo on the boots, is it strong enough to hold on it's own or did you have to reinforce it on the interior so as not to crush the foam?

Thanks, and with the boots I didnt like the cover over the shoe look reminds me of snow boots anyways decided to build boot out of an old pair of shoes i never used and went to town on it

Wow!!! People here would go crazy if you put a little tut on how to make the boots, is it possible for you to tell us what material did you use, I also have some shoes that can be mess with to get that detail...I don't want to make a cover up boot either i think it just look like you spent a lot of time on the suit and gave up on the shoes, but with something like yours is awesome. and C'mon comfy shoes, hells yeah!!!!

phew worked hard on it this weekend cuz I wanted to give ya'll a better idea how my armor will look....enjoy:)

Did you custom make your own boots? Because the dont look like darkside's boot they look more like the movies. If you did then they look really good :)

^^ - Yup very amazed!

Thanks Beejay :)

Wow!!! People here would go crazy if you put a little tut on how to make the boots, is it possible for you to tell us what material did you use, I also have some shoes that can be mess with to get that detail...I don't want to make a cover up boot either i think it just look like you spent a lot of time on the suit and gave up on the shoes, but with something like yours is awesome. and C'mon comfy shoes, hells yeah!!!!

Thanks propnoob and I thought I was alone that didnt like boot covers lol, I used same material as rest of armor and about tut I'm not sure if I have time, barely have time to work on suit and also depends if alot of you guys want one....Another reason I made this thread was to show all you guys what can be done with foam armor. So dont listen to all the nay sayers, cuz Ive read on many I mean many threads that this cant be done on foam n well I did it. So even if you guys rondo or somethin different dont be afraid to experiment and take chances cuz theres no rulez in this hobby. Be creative and Have fun building:)

Great progress Doc... I like the boots... after we got the new pics that is one of the first things I noticed and have already fixed for the version 2 files. Your suit is looking real good. Can't wait to see more.

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism... the palm on your glove looks a little big compared to the rest of the arm and also the top of the knee is not supposed to be attached to the shin. The Kotobukiya statue is incorrect. it is actually floating between the shin and the thigh but if that is too hard to do I think it would look better attached to the thigh... more movie accurate.

Great progress Doc... I like the boots... after we got the new pics that is one of the first things I noticed and have already fixed for the version 2 files. Your suit is looking real good. Can't wait to see more.

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism... the palm on your glove looks a little big compared to the rest of the arm and also the top of the knee is not supposed to be attached to the shin. The Kotobukiya statue is incorrect. it is actually floating between the shin and the thigh but if that is too hard to do I think it would look better attached to the thigh... more movie accurate.

Glad ya like it and I dnt mind constructive criticism I welcome it :) I wasnt sure bout the knee so yea thats kotobukiya is what I used for reference and Im a tru to find pics of floatin knee and do it that way and I sized foream too small it was to tight like spandex lol

This is amazing work Doc. Doesn't even look like foam anymore lol [/QUOTE]
thanks Stealth! you made my day...tear lol

This is just BA!!! Great work. I can't wait to see this progress!
Thanks pinder, yr comment is a great motivator to get off couch n get to work lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back