Aliens: "Allen" Ripley costume

I see :p It does look nice, but I believe the fabric is the same as the one from the civilian outfit from propstore, and so in light blue?

239908.jpg

We found these with another friend, what do you guys think?

22052615_10155020082616589_126767923_n.jpg
22016432_10155020084311589_428481760_n.jpg

Not yet, but I've been working on this for 5 years, so I'm not in a hurry. I've been busy with a lot of other time sensitive projects, but once those clear up I'm going to buy a new pulse rifle and get back to it.

Interesting choice for a name.

<---

Reading through this thread, the costume looks great and I'm glad to see it revived.

I ended up checking it out. I brought along a swatch of the fabric I bought for the flight suit and I'm REALLY happy with the comparison. Turns out the real thing is a twill weave, not poplin as I expected. And while the color looks slightly different in the picture, they looked exactly the same in person.

45147709052_46e2085161_b.jpg

So that's exciting. I can also confirm that the top straps on the Reeboks were definitely cut short with probably scissors, as was the assumption.

Turns out the real thing is a twill weave, not poplin as I expected.

Awesome, it's always great when you can confirm something 100%. I was trying to figure out how to describe the thickness of the fabric in my earlier post and you did it a lot better than me.

Excellent work! - on a side note, if you ever wanted to cosplay as Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett, you would boss it!

I THOUGHT EXACTLY THE SAME!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
But, Yeah, freakin awesome work you did there... the best looks comes from great movies, I can’t even open my wardrobe without
looking at some shirts, jackets or trousers from the ALIEN series!

Too bad she won’t live, but then again... [emoji6]

Saw the costume in person yesterday at Profiles In History's exhibit at The Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. Hope these pics help you guys:

These reference photos are awesome. I was looking at have someone commission several sets of "Ripley pants" to get the price per unit down. So I'd get a set for myself, and a couple others for other local cosplayers in different sizes. I just saved all of these for reference, if you don't mind.

I currently produce a very accurate "Ripley Grenade Harness", however I use the USMC style LC-2 Pistol Belt with Quick Detach Buckle, since it's far more readily available, and easier to work with. I haven't had good luck finding screen accurate belts.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.2015481666_duib.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2015481666_duib.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 277

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back