Aliens: "Allen" Ripley costume

OK, so the item I mentioned before has come in. They're sold out in the large sizes again already, but for a few hours an ebay seller had these in stock up to UK12.

DSC02880.jpg

So now I can have the accurate soles as well and have a basis to accurately pattern the flap. My plan now is to make two pairs, using the prime parts of each shoe to make my own pair and using the others to make a second pair I'll eventually post for sale. The only two noticeable differences would be the grey parts of the soles and the Reebok tag on the tongue and embroidered sections on the flap would be light grey instead of white. Pretty small differences, but differences nonetheless. The pulse rifle shrouds should arrive soon, and then I can start working on that.

I also received a picture of the back of the British flight suits, and unfortunately the design is completely different. I might try to source some US suits in grey, but as far as I know right now they don't exist. Adding the pleats to the back of the British suit would be impossible without buying 3, and I'm absolutely not doing that. Alternatively, I could just plan to do the finale costume and order only one suit to make the pants alone. Still undecided.

PLEASE make sure we can arrange some photos you in this with the Xenos this year. 9/10 times you can find us near a bar in the Hyatt or Marriott.

Also, needed obligatory underwear pose if you are costuming Ripley.

They're pretty comfortable, the lower back of the ankle makes them better for driving because they don't dig in when your foot is on the pedals. Unfortunately, they're made of vinyl despite the tag clearly stating they're real leather. So they don't breathe at all, even with the million holes they have punched in them. Until I wore them I was feeling a little bad about preparing to tear them apart, but afterward it wasn't a concern. I have no use for plastic shoes. My build ups will be all leather. Vinyl would save me a couple hundred dollars, but if I'm going to do this I'm doing it right.

Also, semajarab, I'm actively excited to get pictures with you guys at DC. It's moved right up to one of the top 3 things I'm looking forward to.

PLEASE make sure we can arrange some photos you in this with the Xenos this year. 9/10 times you can find us near a bar in the Hyatt or Marriott.

A group of Xenos at a bar? Hmm, could be enough to turn someone off the drink.

Also, needed obligatory underwear pose if you are costuming Ripley.

With a big CENSORED right across the middle :lol

A group of Xenos at a bar? Hmm, could be enough to turn someone off the drink.

^-^" since 3/4 of the xenos are brits, as a group everyone tends to be a bit tipsy and friendly :p We don't bite, so come join us for a pint!

(that is a lie though, we do bite.)

Also, semajarab, I'm actively excited to get pictures with you guys at DC. It's moved right up to one of the top 3 things I'm looking forward to.

Nice. Looking forward to some good group pics. Odds are we are going to have a few female Ripleys with us as well. Right now your likely to find the big group on Friday night starting @ 8pm ish. Another way to find us is that we will be wearing our collars when we are in plain clothes (also at the bar). My collar is this pink one:

IMG_0925.JPG

I sense a re-occuring theme about our locations here, but can't quite place my finger on it. Find me, and I will buy you a round or two!

I have 6 costumes this year, but hopefully will do a lot of Xeno time at night as I'm happy to say I have many beautiful ladies I'm staying with who plan on leading me around on a leash.

^-^" since 3/4 of the xenos are brits, as a group everyone tends to be a bit tipsy and friendly :p We don't bite, so come join us for a pint!

(that is a lie though, we do bite.)

Just not hard :cool and you can take your teeth (or is that tongue?) out.

There will be pics, but at this point I'm leaning toward just making the pants, which won't require any additional work to be done on the pants except adding the belt and welting the side entry pockets. It's actually kind of a relief, because the con itself is going to blow my fun budget for the year.

I don't want to be 'that guy' but you got the wrong Thompson, you want the military M1A1 version not the M1921/8 you have there. :(

tommys.jpg

I don't want to be 'that guy' but you got the wrong Thompson, you want the military M1A1 version not the M1921/8 you have there. :(

I believe I already mentioned that earlier in the thread. Luckily since most of it's covered, the modifications are a piece of cake. You can't have a pulse rifle for $60 without doing a little work, haha. I would very much appreciate it if you could post some more pictures of the accurate Thompson's main body, notably the areas that are different from mine. I know the slide is on the side, which is a very easy mod if I don't plan on keeping the gun functional, but it's hard to make out the way the casing changes shape.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back