Aliens: "Allen" Ripley costume

Supa troop, I'd be glad to help if you have any questions. As far as a women's version goes, it's really just all the exact same stuff. The only difference is you'd probably have to tailor in the bottom half of the flight suit to make it more flattering. With how baggy those things usually are, I'll probably end up having to do so as well. The top half looks pretty baggy on Weaver, though. Your fiance should have no problem getting the shoes in her size. The Stompers are available in most smaller sizes and so are the 6600's.

I'll probably be picking up my suit in a day or two, as soon as I hear back from one of the places selling it. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the back of the current suit and I'm hoping they can provide one.

The epaulettes are an easy change so long as there's enough fabric. The belt could be a really tricky mod, I'll have to get a better look at the original suit to see how they did it. It could require a lot of fabric, though. The third mod worries me a little. From the product description, they've replaced the welted side pockets (regular pants pocket area) with zipped pockets. If they're positioned the same it won't be too hard a fix, but if they're angled now or considerably larger than they used to be it could be a big problem.

Oh, and Thursday I'll be heading up North to visit my parents and dig that Tommy gun airsoft out of storage.

Hey

Yeah i found a good source for the Stompers and in the UK too you should let me know your show size and i can check they do them.

also i noticed Ripley's boots a very High top, (spat like) so im trying to figure out what that is.

The Ammo harness she stores all the Rifle shells on, any idea what item this is.....?

I haven't looked into the ammo harness yet. I explained in my first post how I'll be doing the shoes. It's not going to be the easiest build, but with a pair of Stompers you could probably get away with gluing an ankle extension on.

Regarding the stompers, I wear a size 11.5 US, 10.5 UK, 45 EUR. 12/11/46 would probably work as well. I scoured the net for them and didn't find any my size, except the blue ones.

$(KGrHqN,!pcE9eL(6PWlBPnU(YwVCw~~60_3.JPG

These are the ones i have found here in the UK all sizes are sold out over 9.5 UK sized, if they re-stock il be sure to let you know.

Regarding Ripleys Combat pants/ jump suit do you have a source for that

Could you someone please tell me the correct name for the thing Ripley wears on her body it holds all the pulse rifle grenades, so that i can do a search for it

Also above ripleys boots she has something wrapped around her ankles, anyone have any ideas what they are

aliens-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok seriously, why do I even bother writing words in my posts? Like Cavx said the shoes released by Reebok were only similar to the screen worn pair. The real ones are much taller, like military boot height.

As for the rigging she's wearing, it was two pieces. The one she keeps on til the end is a weight belt and the other is a bandolier just hanging around her neck in a loop.

I've dug out my Thompson air soft. Turns out its the wrong kind, but I already have a plan to make it accurate. I'll have to lose one of the heavy steel weights inside the case that gives it a more realistic weight though.

Lastly, after finally watching the blu-ray on a large screen I noticed that the jumpsuit being tied behind the waist was only on the action figure. I also noticed that the one piece suit could actually very easily be made 2 piece and retain the exact same look, so I'm going back to that plan. I have to get 2 suits anyway, so I'll make each piece from one suit and use the extra fabric to make the missing pockets, etc.

Like Cavx said the shoes released by Reebok were only similar to the screen worn pair. The real ones are much taller, like military boot height.

I believe Bishop's pair are the same as the REEBOK release.

It is not that different to when NIKE released those "hyperdunks" and called them BTTF2 shoes. Hardly a MAG, but the buying public didn't seem to know any better and NIKE made heaps from the few themed colour ways they released.

The issue with this shoe is that unlike the MAG, it was not featured predominately in the film - it is part of her costume and nothing more.

Watching ALIENS on BD myself the other week, and so much of Ripley is framed from the knee up and so it was actually difficult to find a decent shot of the shoes that were both framed and in focus with no motion blur when I paused. Then I could not capture them anyway due to Copy protection of the format. I'll have to re-visit this and take screen caps of my projection system like I did for BTTF 2 and the MAG.

There are lots of good shots of them when she's dropping flares near the end. I'll take some grabs from the BD later.

Yeah, but only a few seemed to pause as "stills" and no motion blur. I don't recall any that show a good view of the back of the shoe either.

If you can grab it, the frame right before the she loses here shoe to the Queen might be useful as well.

I got a lot done tonight, but before that, here's a shot of the back of the shoes. Sorry it's not full BD res. It came from a BD rip, but the rip was compressed a bit and photobucket downsized the image. Crisper than my DVD copy, though.

StomperGrab3.jpg

OK, so today the shoes came in, and the trend of 85 degrees and up has continued, so I'm thinking the jacket's going to stay home. So I decided to throw this together really quickly. It's not perfectly accurate, but it gets the job done.

DSC02851.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

No bandolier because I'm not shelling out the cash for a handful of grenades.

First thing I did to the shoes was paint the soles. It'll probably wear off before the end of the day, but I wanted to see how it would hold up.

DSC02846.jpg

Then I removed the tongues and painted the uppers.

DSC02853.jpg

I can't add the flap without risking damage to the Reebok embroidery, so I'm leaving that alone for the first draft. I forgot to get batting to pad up the tongue and ankle section, so I'm going to run and get that first thing in the morning and quickly sew these things up. The ankle section will be attached with sticky-back velcro and I'll put a few loose stitches back in where I ripped out the original tongue. They won't be perfect, but they'll be tall enough to tuck the pants in, and that's all that really matters at the moment.

Oh also, I picked up my Thompson and grabbed a couple seat belts from an old Toyota in a junkyard for the PR strap.

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02856.jpg

OK, I wasn't able to finish the shoes on time. I got one done (poorly) but without the other it was pointless, so I pulled the velcro back off. Here's what I ended up wearing.

DSC02860.jpg

So did we decide on a style and colour for the Flight suit, for My Fiancee im going to make the flight suit a 2 piece too which is easily done.

Also what i have decided to do and will try and get a picture up soon is romove the laces and use the Tongue as the piece that goes upthe front of the shoe, then i will be adding an extra Velcro reebok tag off an old pair of trainers across the front ....... hope that makes sense lol

I'm still waiting to hear back about the flight suit, the place I'll be buying mine from is going to take some extra pictures and measurements for me soon. I might need to get back in touch with them about that, as last week they were out for a UK holiday.

Basically though, Ripley's jumpsuit was an odd combination of US and UK flight suits in a color neither was available in. The UK suits have accurate leg pockets and zippers (for the most part) and the US version has more accurate chest and sleeve pockets and the correct back belt. When I get the pictures from the supplier I'll know whether or not the British version has the accurate back. The US collar is also the correct style, the UK collar has points. The big deciding factor is of course the color. The UK suit is available in grey and the zippers match the slightly darker zippers on Ripley's suit, which suggests to me that they might have stripped the color from a grey suit and redyed it for the movie. No idea why, maybe they thought the regular grey was too dark. Doesn't explain the epaulettes either.

I'll probably have to hold off on buying my suits until next month, as that is the most expensive part of the build and I did just have to buy something on ebay before it could get away. Kind of a last chance type thing, more on that later.

Btw, big thanks to Talisen for giving me a great deal and hooking me up with some shrouds for a good price. I'm one SPAS-12 airsoft and some grunt work away from a pretty decent pulse rifle.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back